PDA

View Full Version : Definition of a Dealer?

ndevlin
11-10-2008, 06:32 PM
A question for the Admin's. Not sure if we hit too much on this, but was curious to know what constitutes a person as a dealer? Does that mean they have to run a website, or have an inventory of items they are selling?

I see people listing an item they just bought in the monthly pickups, and then a day later, list it in the for sale section. Does that constitute them as a dealer as well? Guess Im not following here...

ndevlin
11-11-2008, 10:24 PM
As fast as an item thats over the $500 limit gets deleted, I see my question still hasnt been answered yet. Thanks

RobSteinmetz
11-11-2008, 10:59 PM
Nate,

I won't speak for the other moderators, but I didn't even see your question until you just bumped it. When I open this section, I am typically very quickly scanning for items posted over $500, or items without prices...and as such, your post was overlooked. Contrary to what your most recent post implies, our not immediately answering your question was not intentional or calculated. The fact is, few collectors seem to keep items forever. I can count on one hand the number of collectors I know who buy items and never sell anything. Some flip items to raise funds for other items they want to purchase; others use it as an income supplement; still others earn their living buying and selling memorabilia. We realize this is a gray area, so it's really up to the discretion of the moderators to determine who is or is not a dealer. I realize some disagree with some of our determinations, but we're doing the best we can. If you see someone you consider a dealer posting in this section, feel free to let us know.

Best,

Rob
authenticgamers@aol.com (authenticgamers@aol.com)