PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on new Nationals Jerseys?

pietraynor
11-08-2008, 08:31 PM
Pics released on the team website, new for '09..I like the road style best. Any thoughts? Jay.

allstarsplus
11-08-2008, 08:46 PM
The "Road" Washington script is nice and kind of retro.

allstarsplus
11-08-2008, 08:57 PM
After they modeled the jerseys, they had an autograph section.

markfd
11-08-2008, 08:57 PM
I agree Andrew! The alternate uniforms on the other hand look like beer league softball uniforms.

Mark
markfd@hotmail.com
------------------------------
Always collecting Nationals and Yankees Game Used Items

AWA85
11-08-2008, 10:02 PM
When were the Nats jerseys old????

I guess change is good!

33bird
11-08-2008, 10:05 PM
Who on the Nat's is worth collecting even? I mean really. LOL.
Greg

Vintagedeputy
11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Greg

dem's fightin words!

ps- the road jersey looks just like one that used to say "Montreal"....hhhmmmm

allstarsplus
11-08-2008, 10:36 PM
Greg
Greg - You were probably the same guy bashing anyone who collected Tampa Bay Rays (Devil Rays) items prior to 2008.

If you go by W/L records than collecting wouldn't be fun. There have been many collectible players on the Nats and to name a few:

Ryan Zimmerman
Elijah Dukes
Lastings Milledge
Cristian Guzman
John Lannan
Aaron Boone
Nick Johnson

In 2006, Alfonso Soriano had the only 40-40-40 season in MLB history so his 2006 Nats items are very collectible.

The 2005 Inaugural season made everything collectible.

skyking26
11-08-2008, 10:38 PM
Perhaps Adam Dunn if he signes there in 09. They have rumored interest for the #4 hole.

I agree, I like the roads better than the alternate of home.

I like the models wearing them even more, excluding the males...

metsbats
11-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Given the the Nats have only been around for 3 seasons and they've changed jersey styles will make the 2005-2008 jerseys somewhat more desirable.

I personally think the fact that the team plays in our Nation's capital should make them more collectible.

One day I'd like to get a 2005 Nats gamer.

David

allstarsplus
11-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Perhaps Adam Dunn if he signes there in 09. They have rumored interest for the #4 hole.

I agree, I like the roads better than the alternate of home.

I like the models wearing them even more, excluding the males...

I think there is a real good chance that Adam Dunn will be in DC unless some of the high priced teams push him above $15 to $17 mill per year.

They did a great job on the models. One of them is a Redskins cheerleader and it was a good time. As a young lady with me commented, "Those skirts are short"!

I am hoping that the Nats can get the Texas Rangers to allow the Nationals to also wear a Senators TBTC jersey. Since the Rangers are the direct bloodline of the Washington Senators they own the rights to the marketing of the Senators name.

The Nats could certainly do an Expos TBTC jersey but most Washingtonians that were born prior to the 70's still think of the Senators as the team.

They have worn some very cool Negro League jerseys.

AWA85
11-08-2008, 10:54 PM
Seems like letather pants can't stay away from former Reds players.... Dunn could be a big bat in that lineup. I am very curious to see where the big donkey signs!

skyking26
11-09-2008, 12:35 AM
It's pretty early and no noteworthy news ever comes out on Dunn. 5 consequtive 40 HR seasons should garner some attention, but I guess he just isn't noteworthy enough. That kind of comes when you are quiet and just go about your business like Dunn and Thome. No controversy... "Only" thing I have heard was Washington was interested. Have not heard any other team mentioned...anybody else?

bigtime59
11-09-2008, 08:11 AM
The "original sin" of the Nationals' jersey set(s) is that ghastly "more Cowboys than the Cowboys" super-serif, beveled because we can number font. Now the road jeresy has different numbers on the front than on the back!
That road jersey screams out for red/blue/white MLB-block numbers, but no one is listening to it.
And why did they feel the need to split the "h" in Washington? That could have been easily avoided.

allstarsplus
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
The "original sin" of the Nationals' jersey set(s) is that ghastly "more Cowboys than the Cowboys" super-serif, beveled because we can number font. Now the road jeresy has different numbers on the front than on the back!
That road jersey screams out for red/blue/white MLB-block numbers, but no one is listening to it.
And why did they feel the need to split the "h" in Washington? That could have been easily avoided.

All good points. I had to go back to the media pack to see if the number on the back was going to be what it was really going to look like as shown on the Milledge jersey as that numbering looks like the current home uni.

After looking at the media pack, that is the correct numbering. Bizarre that they have the gold shadwoing on the back, but it does match up with the logo on the sleeve. I like your idea much better!

You can send your thoughts to stan.kasten@nationals.com

I still like the front of the jersey with the retro look.

allstarsplus
11-09-2008, 08:58 AM
It's pretty early and no noteworthy news ever comes out on Dunn. 5 consequtive 40 HR seasons should garner some attention, but I guess he just isn't noteworthy enough. That kind of comes when you are quiet and just go about your business like Dunn and Thome. No controversy... "Only" thing I have heard was Washington was interested. Have not heard any other team mentioned...anybody else?

It is the Teixeira/Manny/CC sweepstakes so if Dunn's agent waits until after these guys sign then you may get some more teams throwing their money in, but like you I am also a little surprised he isn't in more team articles.

I hope with the Jim Bowden relationship with Dunn that the Nationals secure him before the bigger names go.

By the way, read the Fan Forums about Adam Dunn and you will get plenty of talk about him including rumors that he is not a good teammate and then of course the discussions about his K ratio and his questionable defense.

If he can put up numbers like he did in his short time in Arizona then he will be an impact player. Good OBP and then of course the power numbers are great.