PDA

View Full Version : Game worn Jim Kelly???

jhunt28
11-07-2008, 06:25 PM
Bills fans...I spotted a "game worn Jim Kelly" on Ebay today...It really doesn't show tagging, nor do I know the seller. But I looked at her other items, and they are rather bizarre, or maybe scattered is a better word? Not sure if its real....but you can take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-KELLY-BILLS-GAME-WORN-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ270298842475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item270298842475&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

gridman80
11-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Bills fans...I spotted a "game worn Jim Kelly" on Ebay today...It really doesn't show tagging, nor do I know the seller. But I looked at her other items, and they are rather bizarre, or maybe scattered is a better word? Not sure if its real....but you can take a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/JIM-KELLY-BILLS-GAME-WORN-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ270298842475QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_ SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item270298842475&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318

I understand that exact replicas of these jerseys were sold at Rich Stadium back in 1994.

jhunt28
11-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Makes sense then...the only thing that caught my eye was the lack of tagging, rather than the normal "pro line authentic", or something else that would be an automatic giveaway that its a replica. I'm a big Jets collector (or am trying to be one), and the only reason I spotted the jersey was that she also claims to have a "game worn Jets helmet" for sale...I moved on from it right away, just didn't look right. It's interesting at best, with holes drilled for high hookups, but its the standard retail size. Plus no warning sticker on the back, and I have yet to ask about the clips. If you look at what this person has sold, it goes from college football jersey's, to helicopter helmets of astronauts for $700??? Very odd, just thought some Bills fan might want to have a closer look.

gridman80
11-07-2008, 09:21 PM
Makes sense then...the only thing that caught my eye was the lack of tagging, rather than the normal "pro line authentic", or something else that would be an automatic giveaway that its a replica. I'm a big Jets collector (or am trying to be one), and the only reason I spotted the jersey was that she also claims to have a "game worn Jets helmet" for sale...I moved on from it right away, just didn't look right. It's interesting at best, with holes drilled for high hookups, but its the standard retail size. Plus no warning sticker on the back, and I have yet to ask about the clips. If you look at what this person has sold, it goes from college football jersey's, to helicopter helmets of astronauts for $700??? Very odd, just thought some Bills fan might want to have a closer look.

Hey, nice to find another Jets collector on this site..what Jets stuff are you looking for? I've been at it for 18 years.....Jim..

gridman80
11-07-2008, 09:26 PM

BTW, Jets helmet looks to be a team issue rather than a retail as back in the 1980's the team would put a clear piece of tape over the center to keep dirt out of the inflation padding valve holes..this helmet has that tape...not all gamers have the tape but if it does it probably is a team issue..looks as though it never hit the field based on the missing item you mentioned: warning label...and zero wear...also the screws look black and the Jets didn't use black back then

nyjetsfan14
11-07-2008, 10:02 PM
Look at the Jets helmet decals. The border is unlike any Jets game helmet decals of the era I have seen. Rather than following the outline of the white script this border goes from the top of the jet to the top of the J in almost a semi circular pattern. Same scenario from the top of the J to the bottom of the J. Very much an oddity and raises a serious red flag for me.

jhunt28
11-08-2008, 10:21 AM
BTW, Jets helmet looks to be a team issue rather than a retail as back in the 1980's the team would put a clear piece of tape over the center to keep dirt out of the inflation padding valve holes..this helmet has that tape...not all gamers have the tape but if it does it probably is a team issue..looks as though it never hit the field based on the missing item you mentioned: warning label...and zero wear...also the screws look black and the Jets didn't use black back then

I could shoot you an email of what I have...Mostly current stuff, and a few early 90's pieces. But always looking to build...

gridman80
11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
I could shoot you an email of what I have...Mostly current stuff, and a few early 90's pieces. But always looking to build...

sure hit me at deepsix88@hotmail.com..thanks

sacker12
11-09-2008, 12:08 AM
The numbers are not the same style the team used in that era.