PDA

View Full Version : 2009 last year of Majestic Contract -MLB

ziggy
11-06-2008, 03:36 PM
Don't know what other think, but I am excited that this is the last year of the Majestic contract with MLB....hopefully the last year of Majestic. Of course they could be awarded the new contract as well but we will have to wait and see. I hear Nike really wants that deal. I have seen some of the college baseball uniforms Nike makes and they are top notch quality. I would love to see Wilson or Rawlings MLB jerseys again but doubt they will get in the bidding with Nike, Majestic, etc.... ( did not care much for Russell either but I think they were better than majestic.

Any thoughts?

BergerKing22784
11-06-2008, 08:42 PM
That would be awesome for Nike. I would not be surprized to see Under Armour get into the bidding war also. With they going to the cool base jerseys recently I am sure Under Armour could make both cold and warm weather jerseys for the players.

packerfan
11-07-2008, 01:29 AM
I'd like to see Rawlings get the next contract again. Always thought they were the best!

ironmanfan
11-07-2008, 09:49 AM
The other factor to consider was that Majestic was a privately owned company that was bought out by the Vanity Fair Corporation a couple years ago which affect a future contract as well.

intheminors
11-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Nike? Have you lost your mind...

Let me present Exhibit A:
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksbeat/2008/11/uo_unveils_nikeized_baseball_u.html

:)

Kyle