PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got One of My Grail Items - Percival Jersey/Pants

Rob L
11-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Thanks to Jake33, I finally obtained a game worn jersey and pants from my Troy Percival, my favorite all-time player. It's a TBTC game from 6-21-2008. Thanks to Kyle for getting me a couple of MLB screen shots:

halofan
11-04-2008, 04:25 PM
Congrats Rob :D

Rob L
11-04-2008, 04:29 PM
Thanks Billy. BTW, nice typo I made, he is definitely not "my Troy Percival":D

AWA85
11-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Very cool uniform!

ironmanfan
11-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Congrats! I am also on the verge of picking up very special that hopefully I will be sharing with the board soon as well

Rob L
11-05-2008, 12:53 AM
Thanks guys. I'm pretty stoked. Ironmanfan, can't wait to see what you have coming.

Kid4hof03
11-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Great uniform! Congratulations on finding it. Like Bill I actually have a "holy grail" piece coming soon, in fact it should be here today if the tracking was correct. I'll post photos later tonight if it turns out to get delievered and be everything I expect it to be.

Abe

ironmanfan
11-05-2008, 10:37 AM
Abe....I sure hope it's not that Lonnie Smith jersey you bought from me (which will on its way soon)..LOL

Kid4hof03
11-05-2008, 11:35 AM
Bill, no, while I'm looking forward to getting the Lonnie jersey that wasn't the item I was referring to. :)

geoff
11-05-2008, 11:24 PM
Congrats Rob.

Rob L
11-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Jeez, when it rains, it pours!! Thanks to Jeff Scott (birdbats), I landed my second Troy Percival jersey in a week and a half. After trying to find anything of his GU stuff for the last several years, this month has started off great (My bday is on 11/10 so maybe that has something to do with it):D

Rob L
12-05-2008, 04:24 PM
Bagged another one. Thanks to ironmanfan for the scoop on this. This Detroit home jersey has been heavily used, alot of number fraying/puckering and stains. Tigers LOA. Now to find some Angels Percival gear!

ironmanfan
12-05-2008, 05:53 PM
Hi Rob:

I'm glad to help..........just need to find a Billy Ripken Tigers gamer myself!

Bill
whhp72@yahoo.com

Rob L
12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Thanks to Jeff Scott (birdbats) again for another Percival item. A GU Sunday home cap from 2007:

Rob L
01-09-2009, 04:24 PM
The Percival collection grows!!! Managed to pick up his 2005 Spring Training jersey which is absolutely a mess (stained) as well as a 2005 Road jersey which was initially a Spring Training jersey but the All Star Game patch was added for regular season use. Both jersey come with an LOA from the Tigers.

Kid4hof03
01-09-2009, 04:56 PM
Wow Rob, you've been busy! Congratulations on more great pieces.

Abe

dcgreg25
01-09-2009, 04:57 PM
Rob, thats pretty impressive picking up four jerseys from four different teams in two months. Hopefully they continue to roll in for you!!

markize
01-09-2009, 08:49 PM
rob,

just heads up.....grey flannel auctions has an auction comming up with a percival jersey. i just got their email today with the preview.

mark

Rob L
01-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Thanks guys! It's been an amazing couple of months. He has been my favorite player for years and I have never been able to get any of his GU items. It seems to be raining of late.

Mark, thanks for the headsup. I may have to register with them. Is it an Angels jersey that they have coming up? If so, I'm not to confident in being able to pick it up as I always seem to lose out to another Angels collector.

Take care.

markize
01-09-2009, 11:47 PM
Rob,

I can't say for sure, but it may have been the Angels. I'm not in front of the computer now, and my phone won't open the page so I will foward you the email I received. Hope it helps.

Mark

Rob L
04-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Picked up a 1999 All Star game jersey. Finally an Angels jersey:

Rob L
09-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Picked up another Percy Tigers road jersey from 2005 with Tigers LOA. The jersey was originally issued for Spring Training and then converted to regular season (when the All Star Patch was applied). Not sure if there are many of his Tigers jerseys left since this is number 4 for me :)

Rob L
01-24-2010, 04:16 AM
Just picked up Percy's Rookie Season Spring Training and/or Warmup jersey. The collection is growing nicely!!!

Rob L
03-05-2012, 11:23 PM
It's been a while but Jake and his cohort have added a great piece to my Troy Percival collection. Thanks guys.

This is an April 15, 2009 Jackie Robinson Day jersey. Troy pitched and Jeter had a game winning hit. It was Percival's last career loss. The jersey shows a ton of use for one game. Many stains which seems to be common with Percival.

The right sleeve has picked piping, ala Vlad. The screen shots are from a highlight of MLB TV. I can't get the game for some reason (keeps coming up with an error). Can anyone help with a screen shot from the game that shows the right sleeve? Thanks.

Tallyman77
03-07-2012, 04:44 PM
Hi Rob......Way to go on getting that much wanted Percival Jersey. It may not be very long until I get what I have been working on.......remember? :)

Thanks,

-Walt

Evergreen7777@att.net

jake33
03-07-2012, 05:12 PM
Believe me, i have been trying to locate any other Percival jerseys from the Rays for 2+ years now, just haven't had much luck at all. New logo Rays gear has been easier to get, but 2008-2010 game sued regualr style rays items, remain tough to find.

The dark navy blue style rays jerseys, now have become the most difficult to run down, only 1-2 legit ones have hit the market.

Rob L
03-08-2012, 01:15 AM
Believe me, i have been trying to locate any other Percival jerseys from the Rays for 2+ years now, just haven't had much luck at all. New logo Rays gear has been easier to get, but 2008-2010 game sued regualr style rays items, remain tough to find.

The dark navy blue style rays jerseys, now have become the most difficult to run down, only 1-2 legit ones have hit the market.

I have to give much props to Jake who has been working the Rays for me for a couple of years to try and find other Percival jerseys for me. I very much appreciate it. According to what Jake has found out, this is very likely the last Percival jersey tat the team had! Thanks again Jake!

jake33
03-08-2012, 05:12 PM
No problem, glad I could help. I know the Rays autehnticated his ALCS lockerplate from 2008, but not a single one has hit the market from the team, the rays claim they dont have any of them, but I looked through the MLB database and it exists somewhere.

Rob L
04-08-2012, 08:26 PM
It's been a while since I was able to pick up any Percy items. Jake scored for me last month and I just picked up another jersey yesterday. I got a headsup from a member and was able to negotiate a price. Happy days are here again!!

Dolphinsuperbowl55
04-08-2012, 08:28 PM
Rob congrats on a Grail pickup. It's always cool when you come across one. The best part is the search, and opening up that box when it comes in the mail. Its a beautiful jersey. The number font is so cool. Congrats again mate.

-Micky

Rob L
04-10-2012, 12:25 AM
Rob congrats on a Grail pickup. It's always cool when you come across one. The best part is the search, and opening up that box when it comes in the mail. Its a beautiful jersey. The number font is so cool. Congrats again mate.

-Micky

Thanks Micky. I agree, waiting for the box is like Christmas!! I can't wait for it to arrive!

Take care,

Rob L
10-22-2012, 06:16 PM
My first "Stadium Used" item - a Troy Percival Canvas that was displayed at Tropicana Field. I recieved an email from a guy who owned this and wanted to send it to me for free since I collected Troy Percival - an awesome gesture. So, here it is!!

joelsabi
10-22-2012, 06:41 PM
My first "Stadium Used" item - a Troy Percival Canvas that was displayed at Tropicana Field. I recieved an email from a guy who owned this and wanted to send it to me for free since I collected Troy Percival - an awesome gesture. So, here it is!!

very cool. how did he know about you? through your website or through here?

Rob L
10-22-2012, 08:49 PM
very cool. how did he know about you? through your website or through here?

Hi Joel,

I first touched base with him when he had a Percy GU Rays jersey on eBay (I did send him the link to my wesite).I was interested and planned on bidding. I heard from Jake Jahimak regarding the jersey. Jake has scored me a few great pieces for my collection even though he was a big Percy fan. He indicated he was interested in picking up a Percival
jersey so I didn't bid. Jake did win (turned out to be an awesome jersey at a steal of a price).

The seller indicated he had a stadium canvas that he would've interested in moving. I told him that it sounded cool but couldn't pick it up. He told me it was gratis because he wanted it to go to a true Percival fan. A very cool thing to do. So a few weeks later, it arrived and I'm thrilled!

BTW, sorry for the sideways photo. It previewed vertically.

chakes89
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
That is awesome! Congrats on the sweet pick-up!

Rob L
10-24-2012, 11:03 PM
That is awesome! Congrats on the sweet pick-up!

Thanks. Now I have to have it stretched and mounted. Anyone know if Aaron Bros does this?

Rob L
10-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Thanks. Now I have to have it stretched and mounted. Anyone know if Aaron Bros does this?

LOL. 5 minutes after posting this, I checked eBay and Jake had the Rays jersey for sale. Another Rays jersey is on the way!!

gingi79
10-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Rob, as a player collector reading this thread is what we all wish would happen in our collections. It seemed like over the last 3 years like clockwork rare and awesome jerseys joined your collection. Color me jealous and congrats.

Rob L
10-31-2012, 09:09 PM
Rob, as a player collector reading this thread is what we all wish would happen in our collections. It seemed like over the last 3 years like clockwork rare and awesome jerseys joined your collection. Color me jealous and congrats.

Thanks. It's been a nice ride. This is the latest that I again, picked up from Jake - a home 2008 Rays Troy Percival jersey.

jppopma
11-02-2012, 07:45 AM
Congrats again Rob! As a fellow player collector, I have branched out to other local kids to ease the hunt. Still alot of work and the chase is what makes it so much more fun.

Rob L
11-02-2012, 08:52 PM
Congrats again Rob! As a fellow player collector, I have branched out to other local kids to ease the hunt. Still alot of work and the chase is what makes it so much more fun.

Thanks!! As time goes on, I am becoming less interested in halving to pick up something. I'm starting to sell some items off and patiently waiting for Percival items to show up. But, oh, when I see Trout items show up!! Lol.

Rob L
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks to Jim Lewis, I picked up another 2008 Rays Home Jersey. A 2008 Rays Road Jersey may be in the cards next!!

Rob L
03-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Sweet. Thanks to Jim Lewis for the Home Jersey that arrived yesterday and now to Jake Jahmiak for the Road Jersey WS jersey that arrived today. When it rains, it pours!!!

Rob L
08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Huge Props to Jake Jahimiak for setting me up again. Jake was able to land Percival 2009 home, road and alternate jerseys at the National. This has just got to be about the last of Percival's Rays stuff out there.

Thanks again Jake!!!

Rob L
04-29-2015, 09:59 PM
Hey all, been a while.

Very quiet on the Percival front until last week. First was a 2001 Away jersey from post 9-11. It was sold as team issued, however, I found a photo from 9/24/2001 and pinstripes were solidly matching. When it arrived, there was piling under the pitching sleeve. It was definitely used!!

A couple of days later, I was offered a 1999 Spring Training jersey. When it rains, it pours.

BTW, for those that may have noticed, my website had been frozen for over a year. Finally got things straightened out with Webs.com so it should be up and running again!

recruiter
04-30-2015, 08:39 AM
Cool thread.

Troy is a good dude. He played summer college baseball with the Liberal, Kansas, BeeJays, a team I am associated with.

As a catcher, ironically.

Rob L
05-10-2015, 08:40 PM
Cool thread.

Troy is a good dude. He played summer college baseball with the Liberal, Kansas, BeeJays, a team I am associated with.

As a catcher, ironically.

Nice! Always liked the story that he was a catcher that couldn't hit but the coaches noticed he threw the ball back to the pitchers faster than they could throw!!