PDA

View Full Version : Birthday/ Holiday Shopping

AWA85
11-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Not talking about Matt Holliday, but does anyone else enjoy when family members say go ahead and order what you want for a special occasion. Some may say that it takes all the surprise out of the occasion, but nothing beats getting to order the game used items you want to add to the collection.

Just added a few items from the folks for my birthday, now I just have to wait about 4 weeks till I can open them when I go home. That may be the only negative!

FastLane80
11-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Game used or any non-retail sports stuff I'd rather get on my own.

Actually, last Christmas I reintroduced the shopping list to my family and everyone liked it. No more attempts at mind reading made it an easy shopping season and we're going to do it this year. Yes, it does remove the excitement of the surprise but everyone gets what they want and I think that's a more pleasing feeling.

Now let me ask you: Would you rather have 4 unknown game used items waiting for you and be fearful of what could be there or be content knowing what you wanted is there?

AWA85
11-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I would not want any family member or friend picking out a game used item for me. There is just too much garbage and fake stuff out there along with the chance they could just pick up something game issued instead.

Reminds me of a past girlfriend who tried buying me something game used. It was a Juan Castro game used Reds hat (go ahead and insert any joke you want). Well I get the hat and even though she did not spend a lot, the hat could not even fit on top of a normal head. It had a regular size on the inside, but seemed to be a hat for a child. Nice thought, but for now on no game used surprises!