PDA

View Full Version : Auction ?

AWA85
10-23-2008, 10:42 PM
I only have taken part in one other auction on MLB once, but on the GUU it says AUCTION ENDED: EXTENDED SESSION.... how long does this go on? There has not been any bids? Thanks in advance!

You can tell I am used to ebay:rolleyes:

markize
10-23-2008, 10:58 PM
I only have taken part in one other auction on MLB once, but on the GUU it says AUCTION ENDED: EXTENDED SESSION.... how long does this go on? There has not been any bids? Thanks in advance!

You can tell I am used to ebay:rolleyes:

if there is a bid on any lot, all lots continue for an additional 15 minutes. basically 15 minutes must pass without a bid on any/every auction, and all will end.

mark

jetersbatboy
10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
I thought the rules said it would be only 15 min., and you have had have bid on a item prior to the end of the auction to use the over time.:confused:

jetersbatboy
10-23-2008, 11:01 PM
Didnt read the rule fully.:D Here it is.

After 11:00 pm EST, the 15 minute rule will be in effect. Specifically, on the night of the auction closing, starting at 11:00 pm EST, the entire auction will be extended and remain open until no bids have been placed, either online or by phone, for a period of 15 minutes. During that time period, if any bids are placed, either online or by phone, the entire auction will be extended another 15 minutes. Once 15 minutes pass without any bids being placed, either online or by phone, the entire auction will close.

AWA85
10-23-2008, 11:04 PM
So if somebody placed a bid by phone.... will it update or would I know?