PDA

View Full Version : From the locker room?

jppopma
10-18-2008, 10:18 PM
By far one of the best excuses that I hear when asking sellers where they got their jerseys. There are several sellers on ebay that blanketly explain that is where all of their items come from. Others will say that someone (it's never them) went to a bunch of games and got it from a player.

My question is....what are the odds?

I can understand bats and some of the other small things are given away by the players and sometimes there are insiders that can get a jersey here and there. Yet from what I mostly see, teams keep a pretty good handle on their jerseys. Likewise, I have had never seen a player just take of his jersey and toss it up to some guy sitting in the stands.

Have I been in all the wrong places at the wrong times....or are these excuses just a bunch of bull?

skyking26
10-18-2008, 11:21 PM
99% bull. It's like the guy that says he has this or that guys homerun ball. Unless it is a documented milestone HR with a MLB tamperproof seal, the only guy that knows if it is real is the seller, and how do you prove it otherwise without photographic evidence or video?? You don't...

jppopma
10-22-2008, 05:20 AM
I guess the question would be, why do these sellers continue to use such a far fetched excuse?

Chris78
10-22-2008, 07:53 AM
Teams normally own the jerseys so this seems to be very far fetched. The chances of a player taking his jersey off and handing it to you is less than .1%.

The one thing I will point out is when minor league teams wear specialty jerseys and have jersey auctions for them. At the Lehigh Valley Ironpigs (Phillies-AAA), if you won the auction after the 7th inning the player would autograph the jersey and hand it to you after the game. I won it twice, once on Memorial Day (Camo/Military style) and the other was in August for the Harley-Davidson style jersey. At the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees (Yankees-AAA), the player would autograph the jersey and then it would be delivered to the information desk to be picked up after the game. Technically it could have came from the locker room.

Chris