PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones Mariners Game Used Jersey

Spiezio23
10-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I saw this up previously and it's up again.

Adam Jones (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330277621290)

Adam Jones did indeed wear #25 during Spring Training, many photos can be found that prove this. However during Spring the Mariners(from my knowledge) did NOT wear their regular style jerseys for ST games. I would also assume that if they in fact did wear the home style they would at least be the Cool Base model, which this is not.

This jersey is clearly from 2007 as evidenced by the Mariners 30th patch on the sleeve. Adam was sent to Tacoma the day before Opening day, meaning he didn't have a chance to wear it. He was then called up in Aug. but he then went with #10 from day one and wore that for the remainder of the year. Along with that fact, the current seller states it shows light use, but the 0062 tag is pristine.

I have contacted the seller and they stand behind the claim of it being "Game Used" as that is what it was sold to him as. I believe the current seller and the previous owner/dealer are members here so maybe they can shed some more light on this.

I have no issues with the jersey itself, in fact it may have been the exact one I looked at in person and passed on simply because it was #25. I believe this to be a real 2007 Team Issued Jersey but nothing more.

If anyone has any evidence to prove otherwise that this jersey is actually game used I have no issues with admitting I'm wrong or issuing an apology.

geoff
10-17-2008, 03:10 PM
This is my Jersey that I am selling.I do Thank you Jeremy for all the Input and that you do believe me.As said I bought this Jersey from a Forum Member and all the Info I have about the Jersey is from him.I also have 2 Other Jerseys like this as well.So I decided to sell 1 to get some Money back.All 3 were bought on here from Forum Members and I trust the source enough to go by what he told me.I am not trying to get into a debate about the Jersey at all.

Thanks
Geoff

Lokee
10-17-2008, 05:58 PM
what is the MLB authentication number on the hologram ?

geoff
10-18-2008, 02:33 AM
BB

Thanks
Geoff

Lokee
10-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Geoff,

You can check the hologram number here

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/index.jsp

Here is what MLB says about it:

Hologram number BB745667 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED JERSEY.
Session Product Description: MARINERS VISITORS JERSEY
Session Name: SEATTLE MARINERS TEAM AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: November 29, 2007
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC

orioles03
10-18-2008, 08:48 PM
Geoff,

You can check the hologram number here

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/authentication/index.jsp

Here is what MLB says about it:

Hologram number BB745667 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under TEAM ISSUED JERSEY.
Session Product Description: MARINERS VISITORS JERSEY
Session Name: SEATTLE MARINERS TEAM AUTHENTICATION
Session Date: November 29, 2007
Autographer:
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC
all mlb jerseys are listed as issued unless they were seen by the authenticators as being worn. they also authenciated it at the end of the season