PDA

View Full Version : Tino bat on ebay

gameu08
10-15-2008, 08:15 PM
Im currently looking at a tino martinez bat on ebay...can anyone shed some light on this bat Im looking to purchase it just want to make sure its legit?
http://cgi.ebay.com/Tino-Martinez-Cardinals-game-used-uncracked-bat-Yankees_W0QQitemZ270278456817QQcmdZViewItem?hash=i tem270278456817&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C 240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

THANKS,
Mike

Sheffield11
10-15-2008, 11:38 PM
Looks fine, but do you really want a bat with no use?

Number9
10-16-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm the seller of this bat, and if you decide not to buy it, that's fine, you need to do what will make you happy and comfortable, BUT I have to say Sheffield11's words calling this 'a bat with no use' are inaccurate and need to be corrected.
It's hard to capture seam impression in a photo and perhaps that is where the confusion comes from, but it is unfair to me as the seller to label this bat as having 'no use'. This bat has around EIGHT to TEN deep ball seam impressions on the barrel, plus THREE to FIVE ball ink transfers on the barrel, light pine tar in spots and several bat rack marks. 13-15 instances of ball contact on an uncracked bat is actually pretty good use.
Beyond that, the bat also has perfect Cardinals knob markings with length/weight, all use on the right barrel as it should be for a lefty hitter like Tino, and lastly it originated with one of the best sources in the hobby, Bird Bats.
It it doesn't sell, that's fine, but saying it has no game use is wrong.

Mike

(see photo)

Sheffield11
10-16-2008, 10:08 AM
Sorry for the no use comment, but what i meant was that it has light use and that he could find a better tino out there. i would not say that just because it has a few marks it has good use. good use would be able to be seen from a distance and might include a good amount of tar.

bigtruck260
10-16-2008, 10:30 AM
I have been looking at it as well.

The seller has listed the bat at a price that is reflective of use. I know of 2 other Tino Cards bats that are on the market currently that show more use and are firmly priced at twice what he is selling his for.

If you want an affordable Tino bat from his Cards days, albeit with moderate use - looks like a good one to me. If there were not several other things out there that I am interested in, I'd have already bought it.

FYI - A Tino bat with light tar and a scratched out #5 sold on eBay a few weeks ago for just under $60...of course, it was likely used by Albert, so a heck of a steal for a member here.