PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Jackson 1982 Jersey

hblakewolf
03-24-2006, 10:14 AM
Forum Readers-
I have sold several Reggie Jackson Angels jerseys, manufactured by both Wilson (homes) and Goodmans (roads).

Please let me know your thoughts on the current Jackson 1982 home on Ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/REGGIE-JACKSON-1982-GAME-WORN-CALIFORNIA-ANGELS-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ8783033305QQcategoryZ60597QQrdZ1QQ cmdZViewItem

I have never seen one with this type of name on back. The lettering is an odd style of vertical arch, and likewise, the S in Jackson seems too small and not the correct dimensions.:confused:

I also remember having some of his early 1980's jerseys and they were size 46, not 48 as this jersey reads.:confused:

Maybe Tom Duino, one of the most knowledgeable Angels collectors, can help on this.

Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Yankwood
03-24-2006, 01:02 PM
Boy, that "S" does look awfully small, doesn't it? Actually looks kind of funny. Right now, I'm laughing at it, but then, I have nothing else to do right now.

suave1477
03-24-2006, 01:14 PM
I know I am going to catch some slack for this but it is the jersey is authenticated by Grey Flannel.

Do you think they made a mistake on this jersey?

I looked at the "S" it does seem a little different but not that much is it possible it could just be the way the shirt is hanging or the light hitting it?