PDA

View Full Version : Shea Stadium Pickup day photos

metsbats
10-11-2008, 10:43 AM
I was at Shea this morning to pickup items purchased from MeiGray. Here are some photos. Check out PRBILL1'S facade!

There were some issues with several of my items. Two were missing the MLB hologam and two were not recovered. I left my A-8 panel and one napkin holder with Meigray who will have MLB reauthenticate it. They could not find my Batting Practice Schedule sign and for some reason a No Smoking sign even though I see some No Smoking signs still hanging in the stadium in the photos.

Interesting information I was told was that some items were victims of the 5 finger discount and some of the culprits may have been the last visiting team who were at Shea as there were bullpen seats missing from the visitor's bullpen. Hmm.

David

indyred
10-11-2008, 10:33 PM
Great pictures. So was it busy there with people picking up stuff? Was Barry and his people still removing stuff from the Stadium? Did your stuff also come with MeiGray paperwork, or just everything was MLB hologramed?

metsbats
10-11-2008, 11:20 PM
I got there around 10AM and was the third person in line. The way it worked is that you show your paperwork and they either have your stuff in the tent or have it carted from the stadium. I met Jim Montique from MeiGray who was very helpful. After I loaded my stuff into my van there was at least 5-6 more people in the line including two U-haul vans!

The only authentication as the MLB hologram on the items. No Meigray paperwork. Like I mentioned two of my items were missing holograms as I was very careful to make sure and check to see if the holograms were properly attached (especially on the big ticket items).

David

PRBill1
10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
David--Thanks for sharing the pics...unfortunately I could not get over there as I was out of town this weekend so I need to call them but seeing the piece got my juices going. How heavy did it look?

Thanks.

Bill

metsbats
10-13-2008, 10:16 PM
David--Thanks for sharing the pics...unfortunately I could not get over there as I was out of town this weekend so I need to call them but seeing the piece got my juices going. How heavy did it look?

Thanks.

Bill

Hi Bill,

Looked pretty heavy. I didn't go up close to touch the facades but given they were hanging and exposed to the elements, I'm sure they are solid pieces of metal or wood.

Have you figured out where you going to put it?

David

metsbats
10-13-2008, 10:17 PM
correction, Judging from the photos the facades are all metal.

David