PDA

View Full Version : BMH Question

skyking26
10-10-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi:

Had a question regarding Adam Dunn's tenure with the Diamondbacks. I know he took over Reds bats and used them in AZ. How many correctly stamped "Diamondback's" bats actually saw playing time in your estimation? I've heard rumors that AZ probably won't get him for 2009, so if I find a nice AZ uncracked bat it would probably be worth my while to obtain it...

RK

AWA85
10-10-2008, 07:07 PM
I am guessing you see that Cincy bat that hit ebay that was "used" during his time with Arizona.

Don't plan on picking one up but am interested in how many were made for him during that time. Might give me an idea of how many Griffey had with his time with the Chi Sox.

skyking26
10-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I remember from another thread that BMH said Adam took a couple dozen Reds marked bats over there - and I'm sure it took awhile to go thru them if he ever actually did. That said, finding an actual Diamondbacks labled bat will be tuff. Who knows where he'll end up next year. He's a free agent and no promise he'll be with AZ. Personally I think he'd do better for himself to pick a contending AL club if somebody were in the bidding...

BMH
10-10-2008, 08:05 PM
I think I only made him 12 bats for Arizona. These are different from the bats we did for him in Cinci. He has a problem of breaking the bats at the centerbrand, he's basically the only player using that model having that trouble from what I can tell. Anyway, all his Arizona bats were foil branded instead of burn branded and the CB is almost two inches higher than normal.

skyking26
10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks. Wonder how many of the AZ bats he actually tapped into, probably not many...