PDA

View Full Version : Braun / Fielder / CC bats on ebay

mattmueller
10-10-2008, 05:20 PM
All:

Just thought I would pass along communication received from the lister of the Braun, Fielder and CC Sabathia bats alleged to be from the 10-4-08 victory over the phillies. After repeated questions regarding the Braun bat, seller finally provided the following clarification as to the use attributes:

"bat is a game ready bat that bwas in dugout that day and shows no msigns of use"

Bid accordingly....

SkubeBats
10-10-2008, 07:24 PM
Matt,
I also emailed this guy about the bats. He told me none of the bats show any sign of game uses at all. I told him maybe he should put this information in the description it would help out the bidders and let people know they show no use. Someone is going to buy these bats and get them and find out they aren't what they thought they were. People will be p-ssed when they receive the bats. I was the first person to bid on all 3 bats and I stopped bidding once he told me they weren't game used. It's people like this that hurt this hobby it's just to bad he wont do the right thing. The last coment he made to me was he didn't have to change his discription and if I didn't like it report him to Ebay. To tell you the truth it's not worth the hasle. So if anyone is planning on bidding on these bats just remember these are un-used game bats straight from the box.
Thanks,
Jamie

SkubeBats
10-10-2008, 07:29 PM
If anyone has any question about the emails I received about these bats please email me.
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

SkubeBats
10-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Here an update on the Ryan Braun un-used Sam bat sold for $480.00 today. I just can't see how anyone would pay this kind of money on an Un-used Braun bat. I know he is a star in the work but still almost $500.00 this bat come on!!
Thanks,
Jamie
jlschultz180@wi.rr.com

bigtruck260
10-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I am getting tired of listings that say 'game used' when it is quite obvious that they are issued and some probably never even saw the dugout. Bat racks do not make a bat used - nor does tar application - nor does tape - nor does numbering on the knob/barrel.

There are a few sellers that list the item TITLE (what your search results bring up) as game used, and then clarify in the DESCRIPTION that the bat is issued, or shows no use at all. The word issued should be included or at least UN Used if you wish to get the attention of GU collectors.

One time sellers do it, but it bothers me most when reputable sellers do it consistently.