PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jordan jerseys

louisbrown
10-05-2008, 08:59 PM
I'm looking for some help. I am working with a group that bought a considerable amount of Jordan game used material about 6-8 yrs ago.
The buyer from this group is out of the picture. Apparently, he did not have a lot of knowledge when spending some very significant money (not his of course). Some pieces have letters and some have been misplaced.

Who is considered a really good source to show these to to get a good and accepted COA or at least an honest and knowledgeable opinion.

There are a number of Bulls jerseys and uni's from his rookie year up to a Wizards jersey as well as a 92 Dream Team with shoes and an 84 Olympic jersey. There is also a Scottsdale Scorpions minor league jersey and a White Sox mesh black jersey (spring training I'd presume). The Sox jersey has a Miedema letter with it.

There is a ton of stuff here. Also a lot of Shaq, Carter, +++. Trying to figure out a game plan on this stuff. With the game used market as it is with, it seems, everything coming in to question, not sure which way to go. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks. Lou

scottanservitz
10-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Wow, big task at hand here. I guess I would start with getting it authenticated by somebody knowledgable in this area. MEARS is one off the top of my head. Check them out at MEARSonline.com or you can call the Basketball Hall of Fame. I know Grey Flannel has done some authenticating for them. I am not too knowledgable in this area, but with the names you are throwing around, I would do as much as I could to authenticate the stuff before you try to sell it. It would mean a big difference in the money you would get. Remember to be diligent and patient. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Scott

louisbrown
10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the feedback Scott. The tough part is that some of these already have letters from people I believed to be reputable. I submitted a few of them to a major auction house and they sent some back. They did not claim right out that they were bad, just that they were not comfortable running them so there is at least some question though I believe there is ALWAYS some question on just about anything. Some included letters from reputable people. One even had a letter dated 1999 from the individual that authenticated this time around and it was one of the ones returned. (I did not have the letters available at the time I sent them to be looked at and then found them later).

Was hoping that I might be able to find someone that is considered an expert on Jordan specifically that I could talk to on these if nothing else. Thanks.

jordan23collectibles
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
I agree with Scott that you have a big task ahead to authenticate these jerseys. I am a Jordan Jersey collector and I have some of his game used, game issued jerseys from nearly every era from his high school to the Wizards. MEARS is the best in authenticating these items. I ensure that if I purchase his game used item that it is accompanied by letters from either the Chicago Bulls or Charitabulls.
Send me an email at theophanio@yahoo.com and maybe I can compare your jerseys with the ones that I have and I can also ask some friends to evaluate it as well.

CollectGU
10-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Is anything for sale? If so, please e-mail me at djob0001@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Dave

23_fan
11-05-2008, 01:49 AM
As the others said, MEARS is a good option if you want honest authentication. If you want another opinion on whether they are legit or not I would be happy to help out. Email me at lee.roberte@gmail.com if you want some more help or if you are planning on selling anything.

Rob

mdube16
11-08-2008, 05:10 PM
would this colletion of items be in South Florida by chance?