PDA

View Full Version : Mastronet on Mike & The Mad Dog Yesterday

norristrophy
03-22-2006, 09:04 AM
Not sure if anyone in the NY/NJ area caught it but around 6pm last night on Mike and the Mad Dog's radio/tv show they had a guy from Mastronet on talking about the supposed Ruth called shot jersey that has been sold a few times. They grilled him pretty good, though quite fairly. Anybody else catch this? Good stuff.

Yankwood
03-22-2006, 09:31 AM
I really can't stand those guys but I do watch because they are able to get good guests. I did not see yesterdays show however. What was the gyst of it?

kylehess10
03-22-2006, 09:51 AM
They had it on in GA too. It was pretty neat seeing some of those game used jerseys and bats. It's kinda weird though how the bats are worth more than the jerseys. I thought jerseys were more rare.

nycsports
03-22-2006, 09:57 AM
Yes, I did see that, it was a good interview. To sum it up quickly, Mike and the Mad Dog were just saying they don't know why anybody would spend so much money on a Babe Ruth called shot uniform, if there is no solid 100% proof that the Babe wore that uniform during that exact game. The guy from Mastronet said something like they are not 100% sure that Babe Ruth wore the uniform during the called shot game, but are pretty sure he did.

The Mad Dog made some funny comments though, he's like "What would someone do with that uniform, keep it in the closet?"

Then he's like "There's no way to prove that Ruth wore it, it was probably worn by someone from Columbus!" (the Columbus Clippers, the Yankees AAA team).