PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Fielding Glove Display Advice...

jshortt
09-29-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey Guys,

I just got a g/u fielding glove from one of my favorite players, and was wondering how those of you with fielding gloves display yours. It's more of a sentimental thing than a HOF'er, but it's one of the prizes of my collection, and I'd kind of like to display it as such.

Any thoughts/pics of your displays would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

cigarman44
09-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Here's my two suggestions.

Cheap way...

Wait until Hobby Lobby or Michael's is having a sale and get 1/2 off a football display case $25 ($50 normally)

Expensive way...

Or teamlogocases.com wall mount case. Around $125 with shipping

Jays1fan
09-29-2008, 07:00 PM
I had a old 1982 Game Used Glove once and bought one of those Wheatie Box Cube holders ( like the BallQube baseball holders ) , and it worked PERFECT. You could display it side to side or up and down. Clean , clear look. really nice.

jgoldstein2000
09-29-2008, 10:48 PM
Hey Guys,

I just got a g/u fielding glove from one of my favorite players, and was wondering how those of you with fielding gloves display yours. It's more of a sentimental thing than a HOF'er, but it's one of the prizes of my collection, and I'd kind of like to display it as such.

Thanks,
Josh

Dewey glove?

AWA85
12-24-2008, 08:32 PM
Any other ideas, may have just picked up my first fielders glove!

frikativ54
12-24-2008, 09:08 PM
Hey Guys,

Thanks,
Josh

Josh,

Can we see pictures? Share your delight with the forum!

skyking26
12-24-2008, 11:04 PM
Here's my two suggestions.

Cheap way...

Wait until Hobby Lobby or Michael's is having a sale and get 1/2 off a football display case $25 ($50 normally)

Expensive way...

Or teamlogocases.com wall mount case. Around $125 with shipping
I almost bought one of the wall mount cases a week ago. Be VERY CAREFUL to check the inside measurements of the wall mount case and the glove you are to display!!! I own 3 Kingman gloves and NO WAY will one of them fit in that small ass case!!! Kingman's gloves were all quite large. I was happy I did not waste my $$ on one. You'd think they would make a case that would house a real ML glove...think again.

AM
11-02-2010, 06:59 PM
WHat are the concerns if I just leave my gloves on shelf with no cases?

I know they can get dusty but other than (note there is no direct sunlight hitting them) what other possible problems are there?

The cases are bulky, take up space & cost $$

I kind of like the way my gloves look out in the open just on my shelves

let me know your thoughts

Thanks!