PDA

View Full Version : Pujols has a signature model bat finally!

brianborsch
09-26-2008, 10:47 PM
Check out this pic. It looks like he may have signed a contract with Marucci. Check out his signature model bat in the pic!

Rboitano
09-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Thats a photo from a few years back.

BMH
09-27-2008, 01:31 AM
We're the only ones that give player's bat contracts. Rawlings quit doing it a while back.

skyking26
09-27-2008, 06:13 AM
We're the only ones that give player's bat contracts. Rawlings quit doing it a while back.
Brian:

Adam Dunn swinging any Diamondbacks bats at all in his short tenure with AZ or is he using up all his Reds bats??

RK

OaklandAsFan
09-27-2008, 10:57 AM
so what is the difference between a signature model and a name stamp model these days? Last weekend up in Oakland after the game Jack Cust came down from the clubhouse and gave out a few bats and I got an Old Hickory that has his signature on it not just a name stamp. My mother was given an SSK which I don't believe I have ever seen him use but that one was engraved in scipt instead of block letters.

BMH
09-27-2008, 12:10 PM
Dunn ordered 12 bats earlier this month. They will be easy to tell because we started foil branding instead of burn branding on his FT bats.

bigtruck260
09-27-2008, 08:53 PM
Thats a photo from a few years back.

Correct. That photo came from the Marucci website...they list Barry Larkin as a Marucci user as well :D

I would love to get my hands on the bat in the photo...but I am certain it was a bat he used in BP - probably the day the Marucci rep gave it to him to try out.

Marucci might not have a contract with Albert, but he has used their bats exclusively in 2008. That is something of a rarity - as Albert almost always changed his bats when slumping - or when the weather changed - or when the Pirates were in town...

Here is mine - the seam marks are the deepest I have ever seen on a bat:

skyking26
09-27-2008, 09:48 PM
Dunn ordered 12 bats earlier this month. They will be easy to tell because we started foil branding instead of burn branding on his FT bats.
Brian: Do you have an example of what that looks like? I'm guessing that burned-in for the collector will look better than the foil? Can the foil flake off?

Just curious. Wonder how long before Diamondbacks Dunn bats hit the market...

shoremen44
09-28-2008, 07:27 PM
Dave,
I would love to see it at auction... we might have to fight it out