PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own any Gomez Game-Used Snot?

B1SON
09-26-2008, 12:28 AM
While watching USC go down tonight I was flipping to the Twin-Sox game during comercials. As Gomez steps up to the plate, he stops and runs his bat under his nose holding both ends of the bat like he was testing a Cuban cigar for quality. I don't collect MLB, but if your a Gomez collector looking to verify that your bat is actually game-used, check it for a snot streak across the barrel! :D

godwulf
09-26-2008, 10:17 AM
Years ago, I got some bats from Sports Warehouse on eBay, and one of them was wrong - instead of the bat I'd won, it was a bat that was marked "BOOGER MUNOZ".

At the time, I was getting my bats delivered to my work address, so I stepped out into the main office with this bat in my hands and said, "Who the hell is Booger Munoz?"

The OP of this thread reminded me of that, because there was what appeared to be a lot of dried pine tar on the bat, and some of my coworkers were speculating on exactly what it was, and how "Booger" had gotten his nickname.

Of course, I've since found out who "Booger" was - had a couple of really good years with Minnesota, I guess - but I still don't know how he got the nickname. The best part is, Sports Warehouse told me to just keep the bat as a freebie. I even have a small collection of twenty or so Munoz cards on my office wall as a tribute to the man.

TNTtoys
09-26-2008, 10:44 AM
I have a "snow white" rookie home jersey of Carlos Gomez. Thankfully no snot stains. Given the color of my jersey, they would be quite obvious!

Vintagedeputy
09-26-2008, 03:28 PM
I always call my son booger because when he was born, he came shooting out like a booger :)