PDA

View Full Version : BMH, Victor Martinez and Miguel Cabrera questions

TigerSteve
09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
Brian or anyone that can help I appreciate it. I recently acquired a Miguel Cabrera minor league bat. The person I got it from said Miguel gave it to him about 5 years ago when he was a member of the Carolina Mudcats. It is a LVS but all it has on the barrel is Genuine, Model c271, Pro Stock. It does not have his name on it which I guess may be common for a minor league bat. Can you find any info on that?

I also just got 2 Victor Martinez LVS M9's with a T141 on the barrel from apparently 2006. The Louisville Slugger M9 part is on like a round sticker in the middle. Is it common to use a sticker? The person said he used mostly Mizuno in 2006 so I was wondering if you could tell me any info on these LVS.

Thanks to anyone for any help. I'm pretty new here and would like to find out as much info as I can on some of my items.

-Steve

BMH
09-23-2008, 08:01 PM
Hard to say on the first bats, probably team ordered and he used them. Those bats can be ordered by teams or the regular Joe off the street. A lot of your minor leaguers will use the cheapest bats they can get since they are the ones usually paying for them unless they are just waiting to hit the bigs.

We've used a sticker for the center brand since late 2003 on our Maple bats. We had a lot of issues with the bats cracking easier when we used our branding equipment to put on the brand.

TigerSteve
09-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Cool. Thank you very much. The Martinez ones are maple, any idea how many he ordered in 2006?

-Steve