PDA

View Full Version : Derek Jeter Game used jersey 1998

costas
09-23-2008, 07:06 AM
your thoughts on this, is it common for the year name tag to look more faded/aged than the extra length sizing tags?

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEREK-JETER-YANKEES-GAME-USED-WORN-JERSEY-AUTOGRAPHED_W0QQitemZ180292205812QQihZ008QQcategor yZ60597QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BULBUS
09-23-2008, 09:02 AM
Not saying this jersey is not legit, but here is the tagging from a 1998 Yankees jersey from Steiner:

costas
09-23-2008, 09:12 AM
thank you Bulbus, the Yankees seemed to have had a variety of tagging that year

here's another Steiner game jersey from 1998 Chad Curtis

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auction_Item.asp?Auction_ID=43739

are Yankees game jerseys from the 90's with no Steiner provenance reliable since Steiner didn't have control of the program and selling game used game issued jerseys until recently? thanks

BULBUS
09-23-2008, 09:25 AM
There are definitely legit Yankees jerseys out there from the 90's without a Steiner LOA, you just have to be careful. Myself, a jersey without a Steiner LOA, would have to have some other kind of provinence.

suave1477
09-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Here are my thoughts.

Even with the different ways the Yankees have tageed there Jerseys.

I never seen one so poorly tagged of the "90s" era

The name tag is off to the side and the "Jeter-98" is way to thick.
I also don't remember seeing Yankees Jerseys done like that with the name side by side with the year with a dash in between.

Check the Chad Curtis Jersey that the other member posted it is not that thick. and I have several Jerseys from this time period and none of them are that thick.

Even the autograph is slightly questionable.

From what it looks like possibly someone doctored a Game Issued Jersey / Common player Jersey. Washed the name tag over and over and over really hard till the name dissapeared and re-stamped it with Jeters name.

Again this is all my thoughts I could be wrong.

But there are too many red flags for me.