PDA

View Full Version : publisher seeking Gator memorabilia for a book

gatorcollector
09-19-2008, 09:53 AM
I received this e-mail a couple of days ago. She must have been doing research for the book and found my website. I thought I would post it here for a couple of reasons. First, I'm pretty excited about some of my items possibly appearing in a book. Second, if anyone here at GUU has some Gator memorabilia, you may want to contact her too. Then contact me so I can buy your stuff. :)

Hello,

I work for a publishing company outside Chicago and I am doing research for a book that I am working called University of Florida Gators: Yesterday & Today™. I am trying to find Florida gator football collectors with unique historic items. I noticed that you had some collectables on your site. Also, I want to be clear in that we are not interested in buying the items, just featuring in our book. Here is the ad I placed on several websites and on craigslist:

Publications International Ltd., a major U.S. publishing house near Chicago, is beginning work on a book covering the history of the University of Florida Gators. We are looking for a thorough, authentic collection of football memorabilia that spans the history of the team for our book.

We are specifically looking for ticket stubs, programs, photographs, bobble head dolls, figurines, bumper stickers, pennants, jerseys, footballs, helmets, newspaper clippings, almost anything autographed, and other unique memorabilia items. We can accept high-resolution files or will arrange a photo shoot near your location. If you are a collector and would appreciate this unique opportunity to share your collection with other Gator fans, or if you'd like more information, please email me.

When responding to this ad, please include your top 10 most prized Gator memorabilia. Also, we may request more information about your collection so please be prepared to present a list of the contents of your collection so we may assess its value to our publication.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Also, if you know of other collectors, please feel free to pass along my contact information. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Best,
Carrie McDonald
Associate Acquisitions Editor
Publications International, Ltd.
(847) 583-4549
cmcdonald@pubint.com

joelsabi
09-19-2008, 01:02 PM
I received this e-mail a couple of days ago. She must have been doing research for the book and found my website. I thought I would post it here for a couple of reasons. First, I'm pretty excited about some of my items possibly appearing in a book. Second, if anyone here at GUU has some Gator memorabilia, you may want to contact her too. Then contact me so I can buy your stuff. :)

Hello,

I work for a publishing company outside Chicago and I am doing research for a book that I am working called University of Florida Gators: Yesterday & Today™. I am trying to find Florida gator football collectors with unique historic items. I noticed that you had some collectables on your site. Also, I want to be clear in that we are not interested in buying the items, just featuring in our book. Here is the ad I placed on several websites and on craigslist:

Publications International Ltd., a major U.S. publishing house near Chicago, is beginning work on a book covering the history of the University of Florida Gators. We are looking for a thorough, authentic collection of football memorabilia that spans the history of the team for our book.

We are specifically looking for ticket stubs, programs, photographs, bobble head dolls, figurines, bumper stickers, pennants, jerseys, footballs, helmets, newspaper clippings, almost anything autographed, and other unique memorabilia items. We can accept high-resolution files or will arrange a photo shoot near your location. If you are a collector and would appreciate this unique opportunity to share your collection with other Gator fans, or if you'd like more information, please email me.

When responding to this ad, please include your top 10 most prized Gator memorabilia. Also, we may request more information about your collection so please be prepared to present a list of the contents of your collection so we may assess its value to our publication.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you!

Also, if you know of other collectors, please feel free to pass along my contact information. Any assistance would be most appreciated. Thanks so much for your time and I look forward to your reply.

Best,
Carrie McDonald
Associate Acquisitions Editor
Publications International, Ltd.
(847) 583-4549
cmcdonald@pubint.com

Go for the photoshoot. you can get some nice photos for your website.