PDA

View Full Version : How Much?

yanks12025
09-18-2008, 01:50 PM
My dad and I are arguing at how much the final home run ball hit at yankee stadium could fetch. I'm saying around $50,000-$100,000 and he said maybe around $500K. What do you guys think it could be worth. I know if the other team player hits it the value may go down but if A-rod or Jeter were to hit it i think the price would go up alot. Would like to hear your opinions. Thanks

Vintagedeputy
09-18-2008, 02:07 PM
Neat question........funny thing is, it may already have been hit!

Arod had the last one, last night. The Yanks have 4 more games at home. Theoretically, if no one hits a homer (it could happen), then Arod's would be the last.

Has MLB been authenticating balls?

joelsabi
09-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Neat question........funny thing is, it may already have been hit!

Arod had the last one, last night. The Yanks have 4 more games at home. Theoretically, if no one hits a homer (it could happen), then Arod's would be the last.

Has MLB been authenticating balls?

theres no way Yankees Stadium goes homerless the next 4 games.

i actually thought arod would his his HR 35 on the last game at Yankee Stadium.

with the price of all items up for the last week and steiner already pre-ordered all the baseballs bases and lineup card, i guess there is really high demand. unless these just arent available though steiner's pre-order program but saved for future auctions.

lineups cards were around $250 now up to $750 for this period of games.

metsbats
09-18-2008, 06:08 PM
This is an easy question.

4 tickets to the 2009 home opener, meet the player who hit it and a signed bat:D

David

nick1980
09-18-2008, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't think anything near half a million. It is historical yes but really all that historical probably not?? I would say under $10,000 but it wouldn't suprise me if I was way off.

sylbry
09-18-2008, 11:28 PM
Wouldn't that have been something if the 250,000th homer was the last homer in Yankee Stadium.

yanks12025
09-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Got another question to ask, i did not want to start a new thread. Last night i won the rosin bag used at yankee stadium on steiner. How many rosin bags do you think they use each year. I cant see them using a new one for each game. What do you guys think. Thanks

Swoboda4
09-19-2008, 04:38 PM
This week their defintely using 3 rosin bags a game. Just 15 minutes ago Mike Francesa took a caller on NY's WFAN who bought 2nd and 3rd base from the Steiner booth at Yankee Stadium for $995 each for that game's bases against the White Sox. Paid w/credit card and possessing a credit card receipt said "all sales final" only to be told two things, One they mistakingly charged the wrong price(real price was $2,500) and that the WhiteSox pre bought all the Yankee Stadium bases(9 per game-and probably 18 per game starting tonight-changed every inning) from their series without the salesperson knowledge. The fan with a sales reciept marked final is raising hell. He was NOT given the bases he prebought from that days game.
Didn't we start collecting baseball to get away from the crazy world we work and live in? Apparently the ability to make money has located and found us.

orioles03
09-19-2008, 08:51 PM
Got another question to ask, i did not want to start a new thread. Last night i won the rosin bag used at yankee stadium on steiner. How many rosin bags do you think they use each year. I cant see them using a new one for each game. What do you guys think. Thanks
the orioles used a new one each game i had to help ernie tyler make them they are a pain and very messy .the used one usually are used later in the season for the home and visiting teams

jetersbatboy
10-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Looks like it going to be over a $100,000!!!!!:D
http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/22-Last-Yankee-Stadium-Home-Run-Ball_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ28270QQihZ024QQite mZ370095882356QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
If it sells....