PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Glove...Sharpie or Paint Pen?

jshortt
09-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey Guys,

Just had a quick question I wanted to run past the experts. I have a white-ish Easton fielding glove from a MLB player. I want to get it signed, but have heard that Sharpies tend to bleed/soak into leather over time. I thought about using a fine point felt tip paint pen to get it signed instead. My worry with this is that the paint just sits on top of the leather, so what are the odds of it flaking off or smearing? If it were a black glove, it would be a no-brainer due to the silver pen, but the metallic paint pens seem to have a different consistency than black/blue paint pens.

Just looking for some quick suggestions from those of you who have signed fielding gloves.

Thanks,
Josh

skyking26
09-17-2008, 05:13 PM
This is a good question. I have 3 Kingman fielding gloves. All were signed with blue sharie. One of the 3 gloves has bled some. I agree that bleeding is a characteristic of leather with sharpie sigs. What do the experts say???

RK

jwasserman
09-17-2008, 06:13 PM
i used a silver sharpie and it turned out great
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g28/wassermj/Dwight%20Gooden/game%20used/IMG_7011.jpg

This is a good question. I have 3 Kingman fielding gloves. All were signed with blue sharie. One of the 3 gloves has bled some. I agree that bleeding is a characteristic of leather with sharpie sigs. What do the experts say???

RK