PDA

View Full Version : Am I screwed?

BergerKing22784
09-16-2008, 12:17 PM
So I bought a bat on ebay on August 30th. I paid on the 31st. I asked where the bat was on the 12th seller said he sent it priority and it should come the next day. As of yesterday still no bat so I opened a dispute with paypal. Seller provided me a confirmation # after I did that. I enter the # and it says "package accepted" on Sept 5th in Tracy, CA. What does that mean? It does not say the package final destination nothing, I have not recieved my bat is there any chance of me winning a claim?

Seller responded said he did his part and because I didnt get insurance it is my problem now and not his. I am kind of annoyed because he mailed it from his work office so I have a feeling that plays a large part on this missing bat. He did not go to the actual post office and have it mailed.

I have requested of the seller he refund my money until the bat shows up, not sure if he will accept that.

So my questions. What are my options and chances of getting my money back? If I claim it via paypal. Will paypal side with me?

Also if I call my credit card company and dispute the charge if they side with me do they take the money back from pay pal and make it their problem? I have a feeling if this to be the case pay pal would side with me because now the money would becoming out of their pocket.

Does this confirmation # that to me proves nothing to where it was to be shipped or nothing. ?

Please help,

Thanks,
Brian

ahuff
09-16-2008, 12:24 PM
I would recommend taking the tracking number to your local post office. I believe they can look up what address it went to, specifically.

As far as the protection. How much was the bat? The reason I ask, is that if it is over $200 or $250 they have to provide a signature confirmation. If it is under that, I believe the tracking number is suitable for the seller.

Others, please correct me if I'm wrong.

both-teams-played-hard
09-16-2008, 12:38 PM
The tracking number seems valid. PayPal will not refund money, if the tracking number is good. Sounds like the seller is telling a story, as to when the bat was originally sent. Sit tight. I bet you will get the bat tomorrow. Call you post office, most likely that is where it is.

MRMusial
09-16-2008, 12:55 PM
So I bought a bat on ebay on August 30th. I paid on the 31st. I asked where the bat was on the 12th seller said he sent it priority and it should come the next day. As of yesterday still no bat so I opened a dispute with paypal. Seller provided me a confirmation # after I did that. I enter the # and it says "package accepted" on Sept 5th in Tracy, CA. What does that mean? It does not say the package final destination nothing, I have not recieved my bat is there any chance of me winning a claim?

Seller responded said he did his part and because I didnt get insurance it is my problem now and not his. I am kind of annoyed because he mailed it from his work office so I have a feeling that plays a large part on this missing bat. He did not go to the actual post office and have it mailed.

I have requested of the seller he refund my money until the bat shows up, not sure if he will accept that.

So my questions. What are my options and chances of getting my money back? If I claim it via paypal. Will paypal side with me?

Also if I call my credit card company and dispute the charge if they side with me do they take the money back from pay pal and make it their problem? I have a feeling if this to be the case pay pal would side with me because now the money would becoming out of their pocket.

Does this confirmation # that to me proves nothing to where it was to be shipped or nothing. ?

Please help,

Thanks,
BrianIn my experience, "package accepted" indicates that a package with that tracking number has made it to the post office so I'd probably spend my time trying to get the post office to locate it.

As for a PayPal claim, I believe it's up to the seller to prove it was delivered. With insurance though, not sure how that work work. In my particular cases, the tracking number showed data was electronically transmitted to the postal service but that was it. Since the sellers obviously couldn't prove it was delivered, PayPal decided in my favor.

Also, I would file the claim and not rely on the seller refunding your money - or worse - being strung along to the point where you miss the PayPal filing deadline and have no recourse.

Finally, if you have a credit card company that's willing to stand behind you - AMEX does (or used to at least) - I'd call them too. As long as you get your money back for an item you haven't legitimately received, you'll have to let them sort it out.

I think you have some time to see what the post office turns up, but I'd use every avenue to protect myself ... my two cents anyway.

skipcarayislegend
09-16-2008, 01:08 PM
I have to side with the seller if he is indeed being truthful, which I'm thinking he is given that he's provided you with a tracking number--which is showing up as vaild in the USPS tracking system. You paid via Paypal and did not request insurance. I don't follow how he should be held responsible for this. If your bat gets lost (sounds like it's just held up somewhere - packaged "accepted" and "delivered" are two different entries), how is that the seller's fault? You paid, he shipped, end of story. Mistakes happen. The middle man loses the ball sometimes and everyone gets screwed. But we shouldn't automatically bury the seller because of it. My money's on your bat showing up soon. Hopefully it will.

MRMusial
09-16-2008, 01:26 PM
...we shouldn't automatically bury the seller because of it. My money's on your bat showing up soon. Hopefully it will.For the record, I'm not trying to bury the seller. I just tried to provide my experience, which is obviously slightly different than his, so he knows what some of his options are for any eBay/PayPal transaction. At least, in this case, the seller has brought the package to the post office. I'm in agreement with you though - hopefully it turns up soon.

kneerat
09-16-2008, 03:09 PM
I feel your pain... same thing happened to me recently, but worse. Read my blog entry I did for today. It's like losing bad at poker, except you have no chance at winning.:mad:

http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/Postal+Theft+In+My+Town.aspx

skipcarayislegend
09-16-2008, 03:37 PM
For the record, I'm not trying to bury the seller. I just tried to provide my experience, which is obviously slightly different than his, so he knows what some of his options are for any eBay/PayPal transaction. At least, in this case, the seller has brought the package to the post office. I'm in agreement with you though - hopefully it turns up soon.

Gotcha. I know there has to be some buyer protection, but it seems to me that Paypal sometimes goes too far and things become too black and white.

MRMusial
09-16-2008, 04:46 PM
I feel your pain... same thing happened to me recently, but worse. Read my blog entry I did for today. It's like losing bad at poker, except you have no chance at winning.:mad:

http://gavelchat.sportscollectorsdigest.com/Postal+Theft+In+My+Town.aspx
Ouch.

Sorry, Chris.

Spiezio23
09-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Isn't the point of insurance for mail to recover the funds to the seller so they can offer a full refund? A seller would rather just say tough, I got my money it's not my problem?

I've never had that mindset and can't really understand that method of doing business but some just want money and don't care about taking care of the customer to the very end of the transaction.

halofan
09-16-2008, 06:53 PM
Pretty sad a seller would be like that, when I sell something specially a high value I always add the signature confirmation. But everything I ship is with delivery confirmation and insurance if the buyer pays for it. Seller can't be responsible for buyer not paying for the insurance. As a buyer if I buy something over $50 I always pay for the insurance. I only had one problem with a seller, item was damaged in which I paid for the Insurance but, the seller never insured it and I filed a paypal claim and I won because when they pull up the record and see that I paid for the insurance and the seller had no proof for the insurance, I won the case.
When someone buys from me, I treat there stuff the way I would want my stuff to be treated and I go the extra mile to make sure its packaged carefully. If a buyer emailed me, I wouldnt act like "I got your money, your item is shipped..bye" I would look into it, show some concern. Everyone's different

BergerKing22784
09-16-2008, 08:47 PM
Well I have a feeling I will lose the case because that he came up with some confirmation # that to this point tells me nothing, but I mean right now I am out $52 bucks and out a bat. So I figure throw out a claim there worst thing that can happen is I am still out $52 bucks and no bat but if I some how winthe case I get my money back.

My question still has not been answered though. If I call my credit card company and dispute the charge as I have no item to show for what I purchased, if they side with me, does the credit card company go to pay pal to recoupe their money or do they just take the loss to keep a loyal customer happy? If they go to pay pal for the money I have a feeling pay pal would be more tempted to side with me so they do not lose their money? Any thoughts or answers?

otismalibu
09-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Seller can't be responsible for buyer not paying for the insurance.

The insurance is for the seller. Who makes the claim if something gets damaged? I'm pretty sure it's the person who shipped it. If I buy any item from ABC online shop and it arrives damaged, they don't say "You should have paid for insurance." I either get my money back or get a replacement.

When I was an eBay newb, I used to buy insurance. Then the package would arrive with no proof of insurance. Now I never buy it.

And if I sell anything over a certain amount, I just automatically insure it at my own expense.

MRMusial
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Well I have a feeling I will lose the case because that he came up with some confirmation # that to this point tells me nothing, but I mean right now I am out $52 bucks and out a bat. So I figure throw out a claim there worst thing that can happen is I am still out $52 bucks and no bat but if I some how winthe case I get my money back.

My question still has not been answered though. If I call my credit card company and dispute the charge as I have no item to show for what I purchased, if they side with me, does the credit card company go to pay pal to recoupe their money or do they just take the loss to keep a loyal customer happy? If they go to pay pal for the money I have a feeling pay pal would be more tempted to side with me so they do not lose their money? Any thoughts or answers?

I'm not sure why you think you'd lose the claim when, IMO, you hit the nail on the head ... "the confirmation number tells me nothing". I'm not saying for certain that you'd win, but based upon the fact that delivery can't be proven it seems to me you stand a pretty good chance of having it decided in your favor (all other burying the seller aside, that is).

As for your credit card company, why the concern as to how they handle it? That's between some combination of them, PayPal and the seller. I'd like to think they'd be acting as your advocate and should be doing the legwork for you - so let them.

Again, just my two cents...

MRMusial
09-16-2008, 10:27 PM
When I was an eBay newb, I used to buy insurance. Then the package would arrive with no proof of insurance. Now I never buy it.
I've had that happen often too so, like you, I stopped buying it since it appeared the sellers weren't purchasing it anyway...

Luckily, I didn't have anything broken or lost.

bigtime59
09-16-2008, 10:41 PM
When I'm selling, insurance is rarely optional. I'd estimate that on over 90% of what I sell, I include insurance in my shipping costs. Just saves headaches that way.

kneerat
09-17-2008, 08:10 AM
I still think you may receive the package, If the person used Priority mail especially. About one out of 20 packages I ship using Priority mail gets misdirected. This happened the most when I lived on the West Coast.

Sit tight. At least your deliv. tracking didn't say that it was already delivered to you and you didn't receive it, like my situation. I can't do much of anything in my situation. My hands are tied. You still have a chance.

BergerKing22784
09-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Well the reason why I am wondering where the money would be coming from is because lets say my credit card company is like ok he got screwed here is your money back. Well thats nice and I apperciate it but the credit card company is going to try and recoupe its money in some way, maybe not from me but from someone. Meaning someones interest rate will be higher or they will cut cost in some other way to make up for all those claims people make where they lose money. I dont think someone else should suffer for my misfortune.

Same reason products cost what the do because everytime someone steals something they build those cost into the products final cost brought onto the seller. If people did not steal we would see lower cost for all, but those few bad apples ruin it for everyone else.

I am not calling myself a bad apple in anway cause I am the one who is out a bat and $52 bucks but I would just want to know who is going to be paying for this, paypal or my credit card company.

TNTtoys
09-17-2008, 12:49 PM
Well the reason why I am wondering where the money would be coming from is because lets say my credit card company is like ok he got screwed here is your money back. Well thats nice and I apperciate it but the credit card company is going to try and recoupe its money in some way, maybe not from me but from someone. Meaning someones interest rate will be higher or they will cut cost in some other way to make up for all those claims people make where they lose money. I dont think someone else should suffer for my misfortune.

Same reason products cost what the do because everytime someone steals something they build those cost into the products final cost brought onto the seller. If people did not steal we would see lower cost for all, but those few bad apples ruin it for everyone else.

I am not calling myself a bad apple in anway cause I am the one who is out a bat and $52 bucks but I would just want to know who is going to be paying for this, paypal or my credit card company.

Hi,

Here it is in a nutshell. If you make a claim with your credit card company, they will open a dispute with paypal. They (the credit card company) takes the money from paypal. Paypal then freezes that amount of money from the seller's account (or drops the seller's account to a negative balance) because they too don't want to be out the money. The seller then makes his case to reverse the decision within paypal. If the case is good enough, paypal fights for the money back on his behalf.
The credit card company then tells you that you're off the hook for the funds, but by law does not need to come to a final conclusion for 90 days. At that point, if paypal/seller produce a good enough case, your credit card company is deemed liable and will place the charge back on your credit card. Paypal will then fine you for any fees they have incurred by the process.
Basically, if you don't have a strong case, opening a claim with the credit card company will cause your seller grief and will result in you owing the bat money plus fees in the end.

I think your best route is to open a claim with the post office. Their records state that they have accepted the package but not delivered it.

intheminors
09-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm now in a similar situation. I accepted and Buy It Now offer for my El Paso Diablos jersey, worn by Lyle Overbay. It took the guy a week to pay via PayPal. Once I received funds, I transfered them to my bank and shipped the jersey.

I got an e-mail yesterday from PayPal that they were looking into the transaction. As soon as I verified that it was from PayPal, I called the UPS Store that I shipped the jersey from and asked them to stop the shipment. They did and the jersey is on it's way back to me.

I have provided PayPal the tracking number but my PayPal account balance is -$300.00+. So, now I have to wait for the money to be put back in before I can buy anything via PayPal.

I also called PayPal and talked with one of their reps. They were extremely helpful, letting me know that the problem was not on my end, it was on the buyer's end. They also said that cancelling the shipment was a good idea. I will, however, probably be out the shipping fees again for the jersey.

It's good to know from PayPal that I am in the right on this one but it sucks having a negative balance. If I find something I want to buy, I not only have to pay that price but I have to replinish the account as well until this is settled.

Kyle

mattysdad
09-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Hi Brian,

The short answer to your question is...NO, you are not screwed :) . Like it or not, eBay's rules clearly state thar the SELLER is responsible for timely delivery of the item in the condition stated regardless of any disclaimers the seller may write into their individual auction descriptions.

Since you used Pay Pal to pay for the item, you are covered under Pay Pal's "Buyer Protection" program...just log onto Pay Pal, search under "Buyer Protection", and you'll find all of the details. Similarly, sellers who accept Pay Pal payments are covered under Pay Pal's "Seller Protection" program (it's one of the benefits you get as a seller in exchange for those hideous fees:mad: ). To qualify for seller protection, a seller must meet the following conditions:

Seller has a Verified Business or Premier account
Item is shipped to an eligible address
Item is a tangible good
Proof of Delivery – To file a claim under the Seller Protection Policy, we’ll need a copy of the shipment record. Always retain proof that the item was delivered to the address on the Transaction Details page. Acceptable proof of delivery varies by country.
Signature receipt for valuable items – For items with a value of $250.00 USD or more, in addition to proof of delivery, you must provide proof of signature from the recipient. This proves that the item was delivered to the buyer.
Item sent in a timely manner – To be covered, the item must be shipped within 7 days of receiving payment.Please note that the seller must provide Proof of Delivery...not simply proof that the item was shipped. Again, this is consistent with eBay's policy that the seller is responsible to get the item to you in the condition stated in the listing, regardless of any disclaimers.

Mark pointed out in an earlier post that a wise seller includes the cost of insurance in the shipping charge; if the item is lost / damaged, Pay Pal will refund $$$ to the buyer under it's Buyer Protection Program, and the seller recovers his $$$ by filing an insurance claim with the shipper.

As someone wrote in an earlier post, insurance is for the SELLER, not for the buyer. I always pay with a credit card via Pay Pal and never purchase optional insurance.

As for your situation, I'd wait at least 2 weeks for the item to arrive. If it doesn't arrive by then, log onto Pay Pal and file a dispute. Pay Pal will ask the seller to provide electronic proof of delivery; if he can't, you'll win your dispute.

For everyone else out there who accepts Pay Pal payments, I recommend that you log on to Pay Pal and educate yourself regarding their Buyer Protection and Seller Protection programs. One of the things you'll learn is that eBay and Pay Pal's Terms of Service ALWAYS trump any disclaimers you put into your auction descriptions. If you accept Pay Pal, you should always include insurance & DC in the S/H price.

I'd also recommend reading some of eBay's community bulletin boards - you'll find other stories just like this one.

I sold for many years on eBay, accepted Pay Pal, and was never aware of my eBay and Pay Pal seller responsibilities. Luckily I never had any problems. Thanks to the community bulletin boards I've actually taken the time to read the Terms of Service, and always protect myself by requiring insurance for any item I "can't afford to lose" as a seller.

I hope this helps. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your item arrives safely so that no one loses on this deal.

Jim Fisher
Always looking for jerseys from Philly-area teams and 70s-80s-90s MLB/MILB jerseys

BergerKing22784
09-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Just an update on the situation... I recieved good news via email today. Pay Pal sided with me in my dispute and I recieved my money back from the auction. I am happy to have my money back and not be screwed out of both a bat and money so at least I got my money back.

skipcarayislegend
09-22-2008, 12:37 PM
Just an update on the situation... I recieved good news via email today. Pay Pal sided with me in my dispute and I recieved my money back from the auction. I am happy to have my money back and not be screwed out of both a bat and money so at least I got my money back.

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I'm curious if the item ever showed up as "delivered" on the USPS confirmation page? Also, is your paypal address confirmed?

If the bat was delivered to a confirmed address, than as an occasional seller, that worries me. Last week I called and spoke with a paypal rep about seller/buyer protection. According to this person, if the item is valued at (i.e., sold for) $200 (or maybe it was $250) and was shipped with standard confirmation to a confirmed address, paypal will side with the seller. If the value exceeds $200/250, paypal will most likely side with the buyer, unless perhaps the seller used signature confirm. Paypal recommends sig. conf. and insurance on $200+ items.

Here's the bigger problem. I told the Paypal guy that, theoretically, all a buyer has to do is say "I received a box, but it was empty," and paypal will side with them. He said "yes, basically." This is a scammer's paradise as I see it.

BTW, I'm not calling you a thief, BergerKing22784, or insinuating that you're in the wrong here on anything. I'm just pointing out that the majority of these "protection" policies seem to weigh heavily in favor of the buyers.

BULBUS
09-22-2008, 01:01 PM

As a seller this scares me. In this case, the seller did everything right. He or she offered insurance which was declined, shipped the item in a timely manner, and purchased USPS delivery confirmation. Now the seller sold a bat and didnt get paid for it.

I always offer insurance, which is almost always declined. I would make it mandatory, but then people complain that the shipping is too expensive. As a buyer, depending on the price, I usually purchase the insurance. Lately it seems like too many bat are lost/ stolen during transit.

BergerKing22784
09-22-2008, 01:10 PM
Dont worry Skip, I didnt take it like that. To answer your questions, I just check again the confirmation # and it still is the same status as it was when I made the claim. It does not say delievered. If it did I probably would not have never claimed it because at that point it means someone stole it off my doorstep if it was delievered to my house which it was not, and to me that is def not fair to the seller if that happened, but in this case it never made it to the state of Maryland.

Also yes my address is confirmed.

I agree with you on how it could be a scammers paradise if people really wanted to be that way. I would hope not, but it is bound to happen.

I am glad I got my money back but if for some reason the bat does actually eventually show up (which I doubt at this point) I am going to be honest and pay the seller back most of what I won it for. I am def not paying for the shipping as the seller didnt actually go to post office to mail it he gave it to some office worker flunkey to mail out his personal mail. Also I am only going to pay what I see the same model bat of his just sold for which is 18 dollars cheaper than what I paid. Only because the seller didnt really seem to care that my bat never showed up and basically his response was "tough not my problem now." So he will get $22.50 from me if it actually does show up. I dont think it will though.

skipcarayislegend
09-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Dont worry Skip, I didnt take it like that. To answer your questions, I just check again the confirmation # and it still is the same status as it was when I made the claim. It does not say delievered. If it did I probably would not have never claimed it because at that point it means someone stole it off my doorstep if it was delievered to my house which it was not, and to me that is def not fair to the seller if that happened, but in this case it never made it to the state of Maryland.

Also yes my address is confirmed.

I agree with you on how it could be a scammers paradise if people really wanted to be that way. I would hope not, but it is bound to happen.

I am glad I got my money back but if for some reason the bat does actually eventually show up (which I doubt at this point) I am going to be honest and pay the seller back most of what I won it for. I am def not paying for the shipping as the seller didnt actually go to post office to mail it he gave it to some office worker flunkey to mail out his personal mail. Also I am only going to pay what I see the same model bat of his just sold for which is 18 dollars cheaper than what I paid. Only because the seller didnt really seem to care that my bat never showed up and basically his response was "tough not my problem now." So he will get $22.50 from me if it actually does show up. I dont think it will though.

Sounds to me like you and the seller are in equally bad positions. The post office screwed up and the seller is now paying for it. Unfortunately, someone has to.

What was the bat, btw? Can you post ebay pics of it still? We can at least keep an eye out for it in case it shows up.

On a related topic, like Bulbus alluded to, g/u bat collections belonging to USPS/FedEx/UPS employees appear to growing at a alarming pace, and at the expense of others.

TNTtoys
09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
If you ask me, this type of resolution is extremely wrong. No offense bergerking, but the post office has documented that they accepted the package. They also show that it has not been delivered.
So, if you look at this from the seller's point of view, he:
1. is now out both the bat and the money
2. he has proof that the post office accepted his package
The only thing I think he could have done better is show some sort of concern that the item didn't show up...after all, feedback is on the line here.

I don't ever recall a case where paypal freely decided for one side when the facts point to the other. This may be a temporary solution pending a credit card claim. At that point, it can be reversed, and the buyer will be out the money for the bat AND fees that the credit card company hits paypal with.

I still see that the problem is with the post office having lost the package. If so, this would fall under the umbrella of the buyer having had a choice to accept or deny insurance. If a package is lost in the mail, shouldn't it come down to an insurance claim rather than one side losing the money without any contact with the post office? If the buyer denies taking out insurance and the post office loses his package, why should the seller pay???

otismalibu
09-22-2008, 02:40 PM
If the buyer denies taking out insurance and the post office loses his package, why should the seller pay???

To beat a dead horse...

The insurance is to cover the seller's ass. If the item disappears (no delivery) or shows up broken (item not as advertised), I'm pretty sure the buyer won't have much problem getting their refund from Paypal. I'm pretty sure the seller (shipper) files the insurance claim, so it's basically their responsibility until it's safely into the hands of the buyer.

TNTtoys
09-22-2008, 04:05 PM
To beat a dead horse...

The insurance is to cover the seller's ass. If the item disappears (no delivery) or shows up broken (item not as advertised), I'm pretty sure the buyer won't have much problem getting their refund from Paypal. I'm pretty sure the seller (shipper) files the insurance claim, so it's basically their responsibility until it's safely into the hands of the buyer.

Greg,

You're not beating a dead horse. I don't think some people get it.

Suppose I am the seller.

SCENARIO 1: I offer the buyer insurance in case the package is lost. The buyer accepts. I collect the extra money and insure the package with that money. Post office loses the package. I wait 30 days, put in a claim with the post office. I receive the money from them. I reimburse the buyer.

SCENARIO 2: I offer the buyer insurance in case the package is lost. The buyer declines. Post office loses the package. Buyer then insists that I reimburse him for the loss.
How is it my responsibility to reimburse the buyer if the post office loses it and the I have an email account of the buyer turning down the insurance I offered?

otismalibu
09-22-2008, 04:37 PM
How is it my responsibility to reimburse the buyer if the post office loses it and the I have an email account of the buyer turning down the insurance I offered?

It's your responsibility to get the item you sold, to the buyer. The buyer has already paid you for the item and the shipping. He's done his part. You can let him pick it up, you can hand deliver it or you can use a variety of delivery options (UPS, USPS, Fed Ex). The item has to be 'as advertised' when he picks it up, when you hand deliver it or when the carrier of your choice delivers. If it's not, we all know who is gonna win the Paypal claim.

Insurance and DC...I use both on any valuable package.

Why not just factor the insurance into the cost of shipping? Unless we're talking about a really spendy item, it's only going to be a few bucks a most.

Hey, I'm going to send you $100 cash for payment. But I'll need you to first send me some money so I can insure my envelope carrying the cash, ok? You know, in case it never shows up. :)

BergerKing22784
09-22-2008, 05:26 PM
Hahaha, yet again another funny twist! Guess what showed up in the mail today almost a month after I bid on it! The bat! haha. The refund I think has already been processed and I will be paying the seller back minus shipping ( i am sure some will disagree with that one but his poor attitude and basically telling me "tough" and slow shipping is why I am doing that) once it shows back in my bank account the refund actually went through.

earlywynnfan
09-22-2008, 06:58 PM
Glad you got the bat, but chalk me up as one who would pay the seller the full amount in this situation. He was a jerk? Then never buy from him again. Heck, tell all your friends not to buy from him. But you didn't purchase the insurance, you already slammed his paypal account (I have no idea what it takes to get back to a good standing, if anything.) Making him pay postage on a small deal that has gone just as bad, actually worse, on his side is just rubbing his nose in it. Slow shipping is not his fault.

You got your bat, pay what you said you would. Otherwise, what makes your attitude any better than his??

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com

both-teams-played-hard
09-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Hahaha, yet again another funny twist! Guess what showed up in the mail today almost a month after I bid on it! The bat! haha. The refund I think has already been processed and I will be paying the seller back minus shipping ( i am sure some will disagree with that one but his poor attitude and basically telling me "tough" and slow shipping is why I am doing that) once it shows back in my bank account the refund actually went through.
Berger dude. I don't mean to be insulting...but homes, you do not sound unlike a tight-ass. All the seller has to do is file a PayPal dispute against you and prove delivery. Then you will have all his fees and payment deducted from your account. You can't be the decider, then decide what you want to pay and punish the seller cause he didn't show concern for your sixteen-dollar bat. Pay the guy all his money and chalk it up to experience. Maybe you'll think twice about dropping the whopping sum of $22. "Rich" means being wealthy and having a fat bank account. "Rich" can also mean ironically humorous. This story is indeed, "rich".

mvandor
09-23-2008, 08:20 AM
Given the token sum involved, this has gotten blown WAY outa proportion.

TNTtoys
09-23-2008, 09:52 AM
Berger dude. I don't mean to be insulting...but homes, you do not sound unlike a tight-ass. All the seller has to do is file a PayPal dispute against you and prove delivery. Then you will have all his fees and payment deducted from your account. You can't be the decider, then decide what you want to pay and punish the seller cause he didn't show concern for your sixteen-dollar bat. Pay the guy all his money and chalk it up to experience. Maybe you'll think twice about dropping the whopping sum of $22. "Rich" means being wealthy and having a fat bank account. "Rich" can also mean ironically humorous. This story is indeed, "rich".

Please tell me that your figure of $22.00 is just a wild over-exaggeration? I thought we were talking about a hundred or two-hundred dollar item. Why else would such a big deal be made out of it?

If so, at least we know now why the seller didn't care much in the end or why the buyer chose not to take out insurance. Why bother.

To me, it's all business. As a seller, I would seriously weigh the cost benefit of a dispute. Bottom line with me is that I earn a certain amount per hour. I know how valuable my time is because I can quantify it. If I were to lose far less than that but go through a credit card dispute that will take an hour or more of my time, I wouldn't fight it either. I probably would give my buyer a nicer reply, but I wouldn't care about the dispute.

BergerKing22784
09-23-2008, 01:24 PM
The dollar amount should not matter in this case. $52 or $5000. Someone can not say what $52 dollars mean to me compared to what it means to you. If I lost the dispute and the bat never showed up I am out $52 bucks. Is that going to make me not be able to put food on the table? No but I am a college student working at a job that pays what working college students normally make so I am not rolling in money. I can not buy $1,500 Pujols or A Rod type bats and have them by the dozens like some of the people in this forum. One day maybe I will , but right now i can not. So please do not judge the dollar amount in this instance.

nyjetsfan14
09-24-2008, 10:18 AM

Homes? Likes houses? How about holmes...gotta get the slang correct but nice try though

bigtruck260
09-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Holmes? Like Johnny Wadd?

In my neck of the woods, 'homes' is short for 'homies'.

I guess they do things a little differently in the NE. Learn something new every day.

Berger - give the dude his refund back in full...you'll feel better in the end. Er...you'll feel better about the resolved situation.:)

mvandor
09-24-2008, 11:28 AM
The dollar amount should not matter in this case. $52 or $5000. Someone can not say what $52 dollars mean to me compared to what it means to you. If I lost the dispute and the bat never showed up I am out $52 bucks. Is that going to make me not be able to put food on the table? No but I am a college student working at a job that pays what working college students normally make so I am not rolling in money. I can not buy $1,500 Pujols or A Rod type bats and have them by the dozens like some of the people in this forum. One day maybe I will , but right now i can not. So please do not judge the dollar amount in this instance.
I think what we're trying to say is you got way too exercised over $22. Even for a college student, that's not "I can't make the rent or tuition" kinda bread.

both-teams-played-hard
09-24-2008, 11:53 AM
Homes? Likes houses? How about holmes...gotta get the slang correct but nice try though

Homes...like "homeboy"...nah, YOU gotta get the slang correct. What the hell does "holmes" mean? Nice try, Jack.

otismalibu
09-24-2008, 11:58 AM
http://nbcsportsmedia1.msnbc.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/071105/071105_Ben%20Roethlisberger_hmed_9p.h2.jpg

both-teams-played-hard
09-24-2008, 12:25 PM
Homes?

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/5579/redneckmansionnw7.jpg

dodgersfan
09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
This will help out.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=homes

Rudy

nyjetsfan14
10-12-2008, 05:58 PM
This will help out.