PDA

View Full Version : rk723

yanks12025
09-15-2008, 01:08 PM
If i was you i would get my money back fast for that Joe Jackson bat. That bat was a replica bat which the guy sanded down and made it look like it was real. Dont you find it odd that the 125 is almost gone and thats where the line is supposed to be. He also sanded down the knob to get rid of the model number.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Vintage-JOE-JACKSON-bat-125-Louisville-Slugger_W0QQitemZ330270889773QQihZ014QQcategoryZ50 125QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

rk723
09-16-2008, 07:03 PM
This Jackson bat is 36 ins and more than 40 oz. Have you ever seen a replica that big? I haven't. The knob doesn't look sand papered to me. Check out the pic from the auction. Also, this bat is blond. Every replica I've ever seen is dark colored or two toned like Black Betsy. Thanks for you input. I'll know more tomorrow when the bat arrives. I'll keep you posted.

yanks12025
09-16-2008, 07:29 PM
Replica bats are 36 inches and they are around 38 oz. it not that hard for the guy to make up something. Look at the three photos below.

First picture is one of a replica bat.
Second is of the bat you bought.
And the third is of a bat from the same labeling period.

Do you see anything that is different between the 2 of them. Look at the O in CO. in the replice ones its to small but in the real one its bigger.

Had to copy the Babe Ruth bat from REA. But if you own the book by Vince Malta it shows alot of better photos and not one has the the O in CO like the 2 replica bats. Hope you are able to get your money back.

jwasserman
09-16-2008, 07:39 PM
check out the seller's closed auctions- game used jerseys of jeter, favre, ripken- all with either mysteriously missing coa's from reputable sources or claims that it was purchased as part of a collection of gamers. also check out what he's been bidding on- game issued jerseys and salesman's samples and 8x10s- enough to make me feel incredibly uncomfortable about the seller. i dont know a thing about the bat but there's all kinds of bells going off with the seller

cigarman44
09-16-2008, 08:56 PM
I know the Jackie Robinson store model that I had was exactly 36 inches 40 oz. Heaviest bat Ive ever picked up next to an Albert Belle I had. That thing was a tree trunk...

The guys Pujols 1997 game used/issued jersey he was selling turned me off. When did Pujols come into the league? :rolleyes: Guess it could be a holdover but I wouldnt think so.

MGHProductions
09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
The bat is a replica. Not only is the center logo wrong, but the Joe Jackson signature is not the one they used on vintage examples. The original Jackson bats have more round J's than the replicas.

Also, they did make replicas that were not two-toned.