PDA

View Full Version : rooting for game used??

markize
09-10-2008, 07:32 PM
ok, here's the deal.....i am a yankees fan. my mom was born/raised in the bronx right down the street from yankee stadium, so i was born into it. that said, the biggest part of my collection is alfonso soriano, even though he left the yanks after the 2003 season.

as the chances of the yankees chances of making the playoffs are basically over i am now rooting for the cubs, but only with the part of me that loves collecting (my mom would have me killed if it was with my heart). so for now, nothing could be better than the cubs getting to, and winning the world series, and soriano getting the mvp!! my mouth is watering now.

so that is my question to all.........have you rooted for other teams just to acquire an extremely rare piece?

mark

allstarsplus
09-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Talking about Alfonso Soriano, I was actually rooting against Soriano NOT to get his 40th steal in Arizona in 2006 when he was going for his 40/40/40 record. If he stole his 40th there, I had very little chance of getting a game used base there for my Soriano 40/40/40 collection.

As it happened Alfonso stole a base in Arizona but was given defensive indifference and not awarded a steal and came back to Washington and promptly stole his 40th base.

I put together Alfonso's 40th HR base from Philly, a 40th steal base from Washington and the actual 40th double base from NY Mets.

bigtruck260
09-11-2008, 12:25 AM
nothing could be better than the cubs getting to, and winning the world series, and soriano getting the mvp!! my mouth is watering now.

My mouth is watering now too. I think I am going to be ill.:(

markize
09-11-2008, 03:34 PM
My mouth is watering now too. I think I am going to be ill.:(

dave,

would it have been better if i said....nothing could be better than the cubs getting to, and winning the world series without the soriano getting the mvp part?

mark

mburton25
09-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Nothing wrong with that!! I have rooted and cheered for players to do well because I have something valuable....!!! and want it to become more valuable.

I'm totally voting for John McCain because I have 6 autographs of his and only 1 Obama..... haha.. plus Obama is an arrogant jerk....

Thanks, Matt

bigtruck260
09-12-2008, 10:21 AM
dave,

would it have been better if i said....nothing could be better than the cubs getting to, and winning the world series without the soriano getting the mvp part?

mark

:D :) :o :( :mad: