PDA

View Full Version : MLB Auction should I be upset?

BergerKing22784
09-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Hey everyone today the UPS guy dropped off my Andruw Jones game used 2006 home Braves jersey. I am just wondering should I be upset because the one pictured in the auction is not the one I recieved. Andruw signed this jersey twice and in the picture from the auction he did not. Also the jersey when I enter the # comes up with signed jersey and not game used. I was expecting that portion to happen because the Braves 2006 jerseys had some issues as being labeled as GU or issued. The jersey does have some looks like dirt or pine tar stains on it so it does show a little use so I am not so much concerned with that. Pictures are below.

ironmanfan
09-09-2008, 02:51 PM
If it's not the item you bid on, then yes you have the right to be upset..I also think it looks weird being signed twice..I'd contact MLB Auctions and pass on your concerns (maybe it was a simple mix up)

dcgreg25
09-09-2008, 02:58 PM
I agree with ironmanfan, two signatures on the number looks a bit odd and it is simply not what you bid on. If it happened to me, I would return it.

However, good luck getting a hold of anyone of reasonable intelligence at mlb auctions. I have bought a bunch from them but returning items and/or talking to a live person is challenging at best.

BergerKing22784
09-09-2008, 03:08 PM
Think I should contact the Braves sales people instead because the jersey came shipped from them. I mean it is odd and weird but I dunno I have faith in its game use and I did get it for $400 which is about half of what I seen his jerseys sell for game used from MLB before his crappy season this year. I am just torn. I dont want to return it in fear of not getting the correct one, I have been looking for a major company authenticated game used jersey of his. I dunno.

dcgreg25
09-09-2008, 03:10 PM
You should start with a call to the Braves people and then an e-mail to the mlb auctions people. It cant hurt to ask the question- if they will not send you the correct item you have the option of returning it and disputing the charge with your credit card company or keeping it. Good luck!

Jays1fan
09-09-2008, 03:11 PM
Looks to me that in the 1st Picture there is NO MLB Hologram. So I would guess that MLB had him sign it again with an authenticator watching. Then they stuck the Hologram on. The Auto on the "2" looks the same in both pictures.

Jays1fan
09-09-2008, 03:26 PM
I just Blew up the MLB photo and the Signatures on the "2" are NOT the same. You got a Different Jersey than what was on MLB Auctions. I would contact the Braves 1st since that is who Listed it , shipped it and etc. Then , I would contact MLB Auctions.
Best of Luck .

Jays1fan
09-09-2008, 03:28 PM
PLUS .. I just noticed on the one you have with 2 Signatures on it ..just says "Jones" , there is no "A." like the one on MLB Auctions picture.
Surprised no one else noticed that. :)

AstrosCollector
09-09-2008, 03:30 PM
Not to mention the jersey from the auction says "A. Jones" while the jersey you got just reads "Jones".

BergerKing22784
09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
haha I totally missed that one also. Looking on Getty his jerseys only said "Jones" anyway. I think Jays fan is probably correct with the MLB authentication thing. Its a game used jersey that Andruw took off signed for the Braves, than MLB came back and said na hommie you need to sign that in front of us, so he did. I think the Braves just used a generic signed Jones jersey for the auction.

OaklandAsFan
09-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Look at the two photos, completely different jersey if you ask me. The graphs don't line up on the #2 look at the end of his sig one is much closer to the border of the 2 than the other one.

Jays1fan
09-09-2008, 03:41 PM
Look at the two photos, completely different jersey if you ask me. The graphs don't line up on the #2 look at the end of his sig one is much closer to the border of the 2 than the other one.

Yes, they are 2 seperate Jerseys for the fact of no "A." on the one he got. But the MLB Hologram makes since on the Reason "WHY" it was signed 2x.

Jays1fan
09-09-2008, 03:48 PM
haha I totally missed that one also. Looking on Getty his jerseys only said "Jones" anyway. I think Jays fan is probably correct with the MLB authentication thing. Its a game used jersey that Andruw took off signed for the Braves, than MLB came back and said na hommie you need to sign that in front of us, so he did. I think the Braves just used a generic signed Jones jersey for the auction.

BergerKing22784 ... One thing I would do if I were you is contact MLB Authenticators and have them "ADD" to the description that it IS a Game Used Jersey. They should be able to do that for you. Or contact the Braves and tell them you want a LOA on Braves LetterHead stating that it IS a Game Used Jersey. Other than that, if you are happy with it , I would keep it. But if the 2 Autographs bother you, I would send it back.

BergerKing22784
09-09-2008, 04:07 PM
Well I am certain MLB will not add that game used title to it because of that would go against their integrity of seeing it come off the players back so I know that will not happen. I am collecting Andruw Jones game used items and yeah the dual autograph kind of bothers me but like I said I paid $400 for it to me thats a great deal so I will just have to deal with it as I want a game used Andruw jersey. I am afraid to send it back and go through all that hassle as I feel it could end up with a lost jersey, I am not sure they could just pop up with another game used andruw jones jersey from that season so it would probably be a lost cause. I know it wont hurt to ask so I probably will.

cohibasmoker
09-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Well I am certain MLB will not add that game used title to it because of that would go against their integrity of seeing it come off the players back so I know that will not happen. I am collecting Andruw Jones game used items and yeah the dual autograph kind of bothers me but like I said I paid $400 for it to me thats a great deal so I will just have to deal with it as I want a game used Andruw jersey. I am afraid to send it back and go through all that hassle as I feel it could end up with a lost jersey, I am not sure they could just pop up with another game used andruw jones jersey from that season so it would probably be a lost cause. I know it wont hurt to ask so I probably will.

While you're asking, if you paid by credit card, I would challenge the charge. If you don't get any satisfaction from either the Braves or MLB, at least you'll get your money back.

Jim