PDA

View Full Version : Roster database with numbers

jppopma
09-07-2008, 07:22 AM
Does anyone know where to find rosters online that include the player numbers? Most of the big databases are good for showing what year and teams players were on...but have limited jersey number information (baseball almanac does have a pretty good list). For minor league jerseys, it gets even harder yet.

I am trying to do some research on a hometown player I collect, Kevin Sheredy, but have come up short time after time. I'm looking for his number with 1996 NJ Cardinals, 2000 Potomac Cannons, 2002 St. Louis Cardinals (spring training, and maybe 40-man call up GI). I also have a few other jerseys that I am just looking at matching a name to the jersey for my records.

Maybe patience is key to wait for a scorecard or yearbook to come up on ebay. If anyone has any suggestions or ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ahuff
09-07-2008, 02:03 PM
I hope someone can come up with something. Personally, for minor league jerseys, I've never found much help. Lately, I've been trying to print off the rosters for any teams that I might have a future interest in a jersey. Otherwise, a good source is to check ebay for programs, team cards, and stuff like that. It is very time consuming, but once in a while you will get lucky.

G1X
09-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Regarding Minor League jerseys, I've had luck in the past contacting teams directly as some keep roster information on file. Try the team's media coordinator, or the radio broadcaster if he has been with the team for a long time.

Good luck!

Mark Hayne
Gridiron Exchange
gixc@verizon.net