PDA

View Full Version : Priceless piece of Shea Memoribilia

metsbats
09-03-2008, 09:20 PM
I attended my last game at Shea in the Andy Fogel luxury loge seats right behind home plate section 312 row A. Lots of fond memories over the last 10 years attending games with and without Andy in those seats.

During this last time I was able to take home a piece of Shea with me and a photo match to boot!

David

TNTtoys
09-03-2008, 09:35 PM
Dave,

Be very careful with that piece of priceless Shea Stadium memorabilia... it may contain LEAD! :)

Nick

metsbats
09-03-2008, 09:50 PM
That would explain the headaches i get every time i look at it :eek:

shoremen44
09-04-2008, 08:37 AM
the headaches are probably just from looking at the Mets

Swoboda4
09-04-2008, 01:40 PM
Nothing compared to the headache of being a Yankee fan. The partys over.

Swoboda4
09-04-2008, 01:45 PM
I'm going tomorrow night. And I'm bringing pliers,a screw driver and wire clippers. Lets see who can get the best piece without paying for it by the end of the season. I'm thinking a 4"x4" piece of the foul pole net.

metsbats
09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
the headaches are probably just from looking at the Mets

Mets bullpen though they've gone away of late:D

Vintagedeputy
09-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm going tomorrow night. And I'm bringing pliers,a screw driver and wire clippers. Lets see who can get the best piece without paying for it by the end of the season. I'm thinking a 4"x4" piece of the foul pole net.

Ok, the law enforcement officer in me has to interject here.....

Bringing home a piece of peeling paint chipping off the wall is one thing.....no issue there.

Making a pre-meditated statement on an internet message board to bring burglary tools to a location to commit a crime of burglary, larceny and/or vandalism is uncool. Attempting to conspire with others to do the same is also uncool.

just my .02
Jim

Swoboda4
09-04-2008, 03:11 PM
...I got to get plastic tools,and then pass them through the metal detector. Where will I hide them though?.....

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/redmills/pulp_fiction_koons.jpg?t=1220558892
..and now David of Metsbats..I give you this screwdriver.

bigtruck260
09-04-2008, 03:34 PM
Ok, the law enforcement officer in me has to interject here.....

Bringing home a piece of peeling paint chipping off the wall is one thing.....no issue there.

Making a pre-meditated statement on an internet message board to bring burglary tools to a location to commit a crime of burglary, larceny and/or vandalism is uncool. Attempting to conspire with others to do the same is also uncool.

just my .02
Jim

Hey Jim -

For someone who often chimes in with useless tidbits that are not funny at all - (and yet you STILL think they are funny), Your sense of humor seems to have left you today. You're not serious all of the time - and I really doubt that anyone is taking tools to the ballpark to vandalize it. It's pretty obvious they were kidding.

Being a cop who throws around his badge in internet message is (as you say) uncool.

Vintagedeputy
09-04-2008, 05:47 PM
Hey Jim -

For someone who often chimes in with useless tidbits that are not funny at all - (and yet you STILL think they are funny), Your sense of humor seems to have left you today. You're not serious all of the time - and I really doubt that anyone is taking tools to the ballpark to vandalize it. It's pretty obvious they were kidding.

Being a cop who throws around his badge in internet message is (as you say) uncool.

Hey Dave -

If the comment was made in jest, I apologize. I would think that a statement like that would include a :) or some indication to the reader that it was intended as a joke. When you spend 12 years in law enforcement, its natural to take a statement like that at face value...mea culpa.

As far as my unfunny tidbits, I'm sorry that you dont find them funny. I seem to get quite of bit of emails and pm's from members who enjoy my posts. I cant remember what I ate for breakfast this morning yet you seem to remember jokes made by myself that you have deemed not to be funny. Kudos to you.

As for throwing my badge around the internet, I hear that the internet is an endless space, so it may or may not come back if I keep throwing it....my best advice to you is to duck. :)

ndevlin
09-04-2008, 06:36 PM
Hey Jim -

I hate seeing these older stadiums go.

By the way, that was great Dave!!

metsbats
09-04-2008, 07:11 PM
So... have you guys see this interesting article about the Red Sox acquiring Mark Kotsay and his "hot wife":rolleyes:

http://www.sawxblog.com/2008/08/red-sox-aquire-mark-kotsay-and-hot-wife-in-trade-with-braves.html

David

Vintagedeputy
09-04-2008, 08:25 PM
Where are your hands?

Between 2 pillows....

Those are not pillows!

How 'bout dem Bears?

metsbats
09-04-2008, 08:53 PM
...I got to get plastic tools,and then pass them through the metal detector. Where will I hide them though?.....

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l11/redmills/pulp_fiction_koons.jpg?t=1220558892
..and now David of Metsbats..I give you this screwdriver.

Don't forget to bring da shovel too:D

Vintagedeputy
09-04-2008, 09:09 PM
Don't forget to bring da shovel too:D

That musta been where they parked the horses for the 2007 NL East Champions parade........

oh, wait......:)

metsbats
09-04-2008, 09:16 PM
That musta been where they parked the horses for the 2007 NL East Champions parade........

oh, wait......:)

Actually that was where Tom Glavine parked his car during the last game of the 2007 season. You should have seen the car after the game.:)

Vintagedeputy
09-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Actually that was where Tom Glavine parked his car during the last game of the 2007 season. You should have seen the car after the game.:)

ouch!

MRMusial
09-04-2008, 09:58 PM

ROFL! :D

bigtruck260
09-05-2008, 09:22 AM
Hey Dave -

If the comment was made in jest, I apologize. I would think that a statement like that would include a :) or some indication to the reader that it was intended as a joke. When you spend 12 years in law enforcement, its natural to take a statement like that at face value...mea culpa.

As far as my unfunny tidbits, I'm sorry that you dont find them funny. I seem to get quite of bit of emails and pm's from members who enjoy my posts. I cant remember what I ate for breakfast this morning yet you seem to remember jokes made by myself that you have deemed not to be funny. Kudos to you.

As for throwing my badge around the internet, I hear that the internet is an endless space, so it may or may not come back if I keep throwing it....my best advice to you is to duck. :)

I have ducked from my fair share Jim - you caught me in a bad mood.
Keep fighting the good fight.

metsbats
09-06-2008, 10:44 AM
http://gothamist.com/2008/04/12/shea_souvenir_h_1.php

Just a reminder of what happens to those who try to take home pieces of memorabilia (paint chips not included) from Stadiums.

David

metsbats
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
Seems like the phans in Philly are less intelligent than us in NY. What was that lady thinking when she put the toilet seat around her neck!