PDA

View Full Version : Grey Flannel - Ebay - and a Sniper

worldchamps
09-03-2008, 02:12 PM
This might be a good name for a band

So I noticed on ebay Grey Flannel has their upcoming Hall of Fame Auction. I was wondering what the thoughts of the community was on bidding on this. Would it be best to just bid through Grey Flannel's site....if I bid on ebay though I could use a snipe service....I am just a little concerned the timing might not work....this is really a live auction at the Hall of Fame correct?

Any thoughts?

otismalibu
09-03-2008, 02:22 PM
I thought eBay was no longer dong the major auction house auctions, but then I saw the GF auctions showing up. I think it's an extra 2.5% to use eBay to bid.

I saw a P. Weiss auction show up on eBay a few years back. I just called them and made my bid over the phone. Why pay more?

CollectGU
09-03-2008, 02:43 PM
This might be a good name for a band

So I noticed on ebay Grey Flannel has their upcoming Hall of Fame Auction. I was wondering what the thoughts of the community was on bidding on this. Would it be best to just bid through Grey Flannel's site....if I bid on ebay though I could use a snipe service....I am just a little concerned the timing might not work....this is really a live auction at the Hall of Fame correct?

Any thoughts?

You can't snipe it is a live auction. All absentee bids left on ebay will be collected and revealed at the time of the live auction. If no one live wants to top the absentee internet bid then you win. Or, you can sign into the actual live auction through ebay and bid live on your computer against those actually in attendance.

Regards,
Dave