PDA

View Full Version : Photo matched bats

gameused
08-31-2008, 10:34 PM
Here's a photo matched Manny Ramirez "Tamazawa" bat. The ball marks and wood grain matches up perfectly, photos are from the Red Sox vs Brewers game on 5-17-08, It was nice to find a match on this bat as it does not have Manny's name or number written on the ends. Manny started using these BM "Tamazawa" bats while playing in Japan during the start of the season and brought some with him to the U.S.

The second match is Josh Beckett batting during interleague play vs the Reds on 6-15-08 "Fathers Day". Beckett was the winning pitcher as the Red Sox blanked the Reds 9-0. The wood grain matches up on the video pic and also the number on the knob matches perfectly.

Let me know what you think.
Thanks, Bobby

shoremen44
09-01-2008, 12:44 PM
The Ramirez looks good to me.... the Beckett is shaky...

gameused
09-01-2008, 02:46 PM
The Ramirez looks good to me.... the Beckett is shaky...

Bert,

Thanks for chiming in, what is shaky in the Beckett match?

Thanks, Bobby

gameused
09-01-2008, 02:51 PM
Here's another photo of Beckett bunting.

The number on the knob, pine tar and the wood grain all line up nicely, whats the odds on all three matching up?

Thanks, Bobby

markize
09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Here's another photo of Beckett bunting.

The number on the knob, pine tar and the wood grain all line up nicely, whats the odds on all three matching up?

Thanks, Bobby

i think the beckett is close, but it doesn't look like the dot under his number on the knob is present in the photomatch.....just me take on it.

mark

gameused
09-01-2008, 07:26 PM
i think the beckett is close, but it doesn't look like the dot under his number on the knob is present in the photomatch.....just me take on it.

mark

Mark,

The dot on the knob is some pine tar, that was not on the knob when the action photos were taken.

Thanks, Bobby

shoremen44
09-01-2008, 07:30 PM
It is close... but your second pic makes me question it more... the dot on the knob is missing...

but also look at the grain and the ngle of the number on the knob... they seem to be different in the the pick and your bat

b.heagy
09-01-2008, 07:39 PM
I say match. The first pic has the grain lining up perfectly in my opinion. Also look at the ball mark near the barrel stamping compared to the screen shot.

B1SON
09-01-2008, 11:00 PM
I agree...it's a match in my book.

gameused
09-02-2008, 12:05 AM
It is close... but your second pic makes me question it more... the dot on the knob is missing...

but also look at the grain and the ngle of the number on the knob... they seem to be different in the the pick and your bat

Bert,

When the photo was taken the small dot on the knob was not present, the dot which is a small glob of pine tar that must have come from his batting gloves while handling the bat "after" the photos were shot.

If I hold the bat at that exact angle Beckett is bunting everything matches up.

In my book it's a photo match.

Thanks, Bobby