PDA

View Full Version : Removing an autograph from a jersey...

jake33
03-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I recall about 3 months back a company saying they had a "system" for getting autographs OFF jerseys, the thing is that is cost an ridiculous amount of $75 or something around that price... Does anyone know any way to get auto's off jersye (not the tackle twill just the jersey part singed in sharpie?)

astros*bats
03-15-2006, 02:13 AM
I believe this is the thread that you were referring to:

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=200&highlight=remove+autograph+jersey

Flyer7717
04-23-2006, 03:43 PM
Contact Joe Tomon. He has great luck removing these autographs on game used jerseys. hockycolct@aol.com is his email.

WStiles
04-23-2006, 03:54 PM
Carbona ink remover has worked for me. However it is not easy and takes patience as it makes it worse before it makes it better. Follow the directions and keep working it into the jersey. I've used it twice and it has worked twice. The first time It took me about a half hour. The second time, it was a much older autograph that had set in real well. I was over an hour working on the jersey. I would say leave it in unless you really have your heart set on removing it. I also know Howard Wolf has had alot of success removing autographs. You might want to contact him.
Regards
Wayne

island_style
04-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Carbona ink remover has worked for me. However it is not easy and takes patience as it makes it worse before it makes it better. Follow the directions and keep working it into the jersey. I've used it twice and it has worked twice. The first time It took me about a half hour. The second time, it was a much older autograph that had set in real well. I was over an hour working on the jersey. I would say leave it in unless you really have your heart set on removing it. I also know Howard Wolf has had alot of success removing autographs. You might want to contact him.
Regards
Wayne

Wayne,

I concur about Carbona. I've used it several times with success. I've found that red ink comes out a lot easier than black ink. I start with a hard, flat surface with a towel placed over it. Then, I place the autographed area of the jersey on top of the towel. I pour a small about of Carbona (they have different versions for grass stains, blood, gum, ink, etc.) onto the affected area and use Q-Tips to work in the Carbona. Repeat as necessary. It takes several tries (and a lot of Q-Tips), but eventually the ink is removed. At first, it will look like a big, inky mess, but follow it up with a rinse of water and let it dry. This method has worked for me, but it will be interesting to learn what other Forum Members have tried.