PDA

View Full Version : Why now?

3arod13
08-27-2008, 08:10 PM
I think it would make more sense to wait until next year to start using instant reply vice the last month of this season.

I don't think it's fair to all those situations earlier in the year with so many calls questionable not being corrected, yet those for the remainder of the season can benefit the use of instant reply the last month of the season.

Your thoughts.

Tony

kellsox
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
MLB wanted this done for the playoffs. Everyone played under the same rules to this point, now everyone will play with instant replay. A handful of missed calls over the coarse of the season is something that all teams deal with.

Mr.3000
09-03-2008, 10:29 PM
The entire concept of instant replay in MLB is ridiculous. It wasn't needed all these years and it isn't needed now. All it's doing is making an already slow game even slower. Let the umpire's do what they are trained and paid to do - make the calls.

costas
09-04-2008, 08:02 AM
the Orioles might have went to the World Series in 1996 had instant replay been available then

Vintagedeputy
09-04-2008, 08:24 AM
IR is long overdue.........too many big calls have been screwed up over the years. I'm all for the integrity of the game and history and all that, but championships are on the line. The umps needs some help.