PDA

View Full Version : mets jackets

flaco1801
03-14-2006, 02:18 AM
does anybody remember the mets wearing their blue satin jackets with numbers on their sleeves,(just above the cuff) and mets scripted on the front. thanks, jeff

Swoboda4
03-14-2006, 05:58 PM
jeff-I think the starter jackets,the starter windbreakers and the short sleeve warm-ups(numbers on sleeve and last names on back)all had the interlocking "NY" on the left breast . I don't remember any with "Mets" on them. By the way,I think these are more valuable than jerseys because they're one of a kind and virtually impossible to fake.The jackets shell is thicker than what was commercially available and the short sleeve warm-up are even harder to duplicate. I'm interested in any if someone is selling(still saving up for the Strawberry if available Adamh)
Robert

flaco1801
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
thanks robert. i have a starter(heavy quilt) with a name on back, and have the half zip with name on back by starter.also have a lite weight,full snap with name on back. the mets on front i got on e-bay for a good price, i bought it because it is made by aladen the manufacturer they used before starter. i cant find any pics with mets on front or number low near the cuff, (but i seem to remember it) this will keep me busy, i wear all the stuff i buy, so i have a new (old) spring jacket to keep me warm to see the mets finally make some noise. thanks fer the reply, sincerely, jeff

hblakewolf
03-14-2006, 06:13 PM
jeff-I think the starter jackets,the starter windbreakers and the short sleeve warm-ups(numbers on sleeve and last names on back)all had the interlocking "NY" on the left breast . I don't remember any with "Mets" on them. By the way,I think these are more valuable than jerseys because they're one of a kind and virtually impossible to fake.The jackets shell is thicker than what was commercially available and the short sleeve warm-up are even harder to duplicate. I'm interested in any if someone is selling(still saving up for the Strawberry if available Adamh)
Robert

Robert-
I have quite a few Mets game worn jackets. If interested, let me know and I can take an inventory and prices. I know I have an old knit Clint Hurdle Starter with NOB, David West super heavy winter jacket with NOB (interesting-there is thick wool in the pockets!) just to name a few. Let me know.
Thanks.
Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

Swoboda4
03-14-2006, 08:55 PM
Howard=please send me your list of met jackets, thanks
Robert