PDA

View Full Version : Lou Lampson COA, Best COA Money Can Buy

frikativ54
08-26-2008, 12:36 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jerry-Rice-Game-Used-Football-Cleats-Greatest-wide-out_W0QQitemZ290255974885QQihZ019QQcategoryZ50119Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:D :p :eek:

mvandor
08-26-2008, 09:00 AM
That's at LEAST the 4th pair of Rice shoes I've seen out there in the past 12 months with a Jack McGuire letter. I own one pair of cleats, sold a pair of turf shoes.

Starting to wonder if the 49ers REALLY donated so many WORN pairs of Rice shoes to SFCC, and why a coach pilfering star sets from the lots wasn't fired for theft. Or is it that Rice had a bunch of shoes sent by manufacturers that got donated that he never wore? Only identifying marks are the #80 hand written on the heels.

Number out there from the same source are starting to seem a bit questionable to me. Comments from others?

lund6771
08-26-2008, 02:24 PM
I remember a lot of these floating around almost 15 years ago, and there didn't seem to be any issues...at least that I'm aware of

It seems weird though that there seems to be a lot of them being sold in a narrow time frame, many years after Rice left the Niners

David
08-26-2008, 06:42 PM
Over the last 2-3 years, I've some Rice and Terrell Owens 49ers shoes from this source, not a ton. I've seen maybe 4-6 pairs of Rice shoes and 4-6 T.O. shoes, which is for from an exorbitant amount. If you look at Getty photos T.O. as a 49ers, he wore distinctly different styles of shoes about every game, so I'm sure he would have been able to provide a lot of shoes to the college.

David
08-26-2008, 06:51 PM
One other thing, I looked into the coach himself. The college website lists him as line coach and says he's he been there a long, long time. Also, the official 49ers team website had an article that thanked him by name (and listed him as a SF City College coach) for helping organize a 49ers college quarterback's clinic. So there's little question he is the City College coach and has direct relations with the 49ers.

If one could confirm from the college or 49ers that the 49ers have donated shoes to the college, that would be helpful in the question.

David
08-26-2008, 06:58 PM
One other thing, I looked into the coach himself. The college website lists him as line coach and says he's he been there a long, long time. Also, the official 49ers team website had an article that thanked him by name (and listed him as a SF City College coach) for helping organize a 49ers college quarterback's clinic. So there's little question he is the City College coach and has direct relations with the 49ers.

If one could confirm from the college or 49ers that the 49ers have donated shoes to the college, that would be helpful in the question.