PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Wade Boggs 2004 Old Timers worn jersey

costas
08-20-2008, 09:07 AM
I read here that one of the true indications of Yankees game issued or game used jerseys is not the 0062 wash tag or flag tagging on jocktags but the no manufacturer logos on sleeves. there is a steiner game used jersey on Ebay now where you can clearly see the logo embroidered and the seller has posted a reference photo from the game with the logo visible? your thoughts?

pjbmd
08-20-2008, 11:56 AM
I think its entirely possible to have an OTD gamer with the majestic logo
Case in point:I have a Clete Boyer OTD jerseys from his last 2 years. The most recent one has the majestic logo on it, whereas the uear prior does not
A pair of GU OTD pants from last year, with full steiner authentication, also has the majestic logo
Hope this helps
pjb

costas
08-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi pjbmd, thank you for this helpful information. For you Clete Boyer, are you referring to both this past Old Timer's Day (2008) and 2007 jerseys that you have? I am doing a reference photo check on those and noticed for these two, the players are wearing memorial armbands, are the Majestic logos still there and just covered or is the logo not on at all?

Alsore these true game jerseys like the current players wear or retails that just have sizing flags/tagging added to the jocktag. Since current players don't have the logos, is there a reason behind why they're allowed to be shown during the Old Timer's Day game? thank you

pjbmd
08-20-2008, 06:15 PM
Unofrtunately clete died last year
i've got his 2005 and 2006 OTD uniform
Of note, both have majestic logos
Only 2005 is year tagged however
pjb

costas
08-20-2008, 07:03 PM
Unofrtunately clete died last year
i've got his 2005 and 2006 OTD uniform
Of note, both have majestic logos
Only 2005 is year tagged however
pjb

my apologies pjbmd for the misinformation on clete, I was reading more about him after I made this post but couldn't edit it thereafter. very solid player.

does your Steiner provenance indicate anything with reference as to why the Majestic logos are displayed on the jersey? I'm curious to know why this is the case with Old Timer's Day jerseys and not with current roster ones.

do you also know how long it takes for Steiner to offer these Old Timer's Day jerseys for sale after the event takes place, as I would like to obtain one from this year's final one? thank you

Eric
08-21-2008, 10:01 PM
costas

you need to change your profile info to include a valid first and last name
thank you
eric

costas
08-22-2008, 07:30 AM
costas

you need to change your profile info to include a valid first and last name
thank you
eric