PDA

View Full Version : Bricol

sarahsdad
08-16-2008, 08:45 AM
Has anyone tried to contact Bricol by phone the past 48 hours? I have a question about one of their items in their auction but when I call I get a recording that says "Your call cannot be completed because your toll service has been blocked" I talked to 2 other collectors in the 386 and 615 area codes who have gotten the same recording. Bricol's number is 727 787 9577 in the event anyone else wants to try to see if they can get through or if they get the same recording.
Sarahsdad

sarahsdad
08-16-2008, 11:06 AM
Brian from Bricol was kind enough to email me. They are experiencing phone trouble due to storms and are working to get the phone service up ASAP. I know Brian reads these posts so Thank You Brian for the quick communication.
Sarahsdad

rose14
08-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Sarahsdad, I would be very cautious with Bricol Sports Auctions.

In 2001 he had an auction and I was the high bidder on a 1954 Wilson Franks Ted Williams card, a Hideo Nomo Autographed Japanese League jersey and a "vintage" Joe Jackson bat. I ended up getting the Williams card for $309, which was a phenominal price since the card was woth about 7-8 times that.

I received my invoice from them and called them the same day as I wanted to have the items shipped overnight so I could get them quicker. Well, it turns out that they just happened to have misplaced the Williams card as it could not be found anywhere. Brian got on the phone and said sorry there was nothing that could be done and if they were to find it they would contact me. Well, do you really think they found the card? He or the consigner just didn't like the price that the card sold for so it just happen to come up missing.

Well, I got the other items and the "vintage" Joe Jackson bat turned out to be a commemorative bat that was issued about two years prior to the auction. The Nomo jersey had a huge red stain all over the front. It looked like a cool-aid stain but nothing of the sort was ever mentioned in the auction ad.

Brian Collard is a thief in my book and I would love for him to come on here and try to explain what happened since he supposedly reads these threads. Eric or other moderators, if you need more facts, it was Bricol Sports Auction #23, and my invoice was # 4426 so everything I am saying is pure fact and no speculation.

Todd Evans

Mr.3000
08-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Rose14,

Totally unrelated to this thread, sorry. But do you have an email at which I could contact you?

Thanks