PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hamilton LVS Records

redoctober
08-16-2008, 01:59 AM
I am interested in bats of stars that truly are rare in terms of production numbers. In particular, I have begun seeking out bats from star players that have an MLB team name on them that can be clearly dated prior to MLB experience. For example, I have a few recent finds -- Josh Hamilton TB Rays bat from 2000 timeframe -- Wily Mo Pena (not a star, but rare bat?) NYY bat from 2000 timeframe -- Sean Casey CLE bat from 1997.

I realize that these bats were most likely used in minor league games (or maybe spring training). However, minor league bats typically do not have the name of the big league club except for the sure fire prospects.

My question is -- do you have shipping records available for these particular bats? (ie- are they truly "rare"?)

Also, am I on to a potential method for finding the more rare "gamers"? Additionally, I like the fact that the bats have an MLB team name vs the "L'ville Slugger" under the player name. To me, this makes it more collectible, as long as the usage timeframe and minor league only use is clear.

Finally, I realize that actual use in MLB games is the holy grail to this fascinating hobby. I hate nothing more than seeing "gamers" of very "minor" minor league players. However, I have to believe there is a market for some of the top names. For instance, I recall seeing a Ryan Howard minor league "gamer" recently on EBay for a nice price.

Thanks for any input!

redoctober
09-22-2008, 11:09 PM
BMH,

Any info available on Josh Hamilton records with D-Rays bats??

Thanks!