PDA

View Full Version : Auto Puckett Bat- Read Description

Eric
03-10-2006, 10:36 PM
I was looking around ebay and saw someone was selling an autographed Kirby Puckett bat.

I don't know why I stopped on this one, but I am glad I did. Check out the description for the item below...

You are bidding on an autographed Kirby Puckett Louisville Slugger Baseball bat with Letter of Authenticity. This bat was given to me by the Minnesota Twins Organization after I was involved in an unfortunate spitting incident at skydome in which i was spat on my one Matt Lawton who no longer plays for Minnesota. Instead of suing the organization i was invited to the next home game against Minnesota where i was sent down to the dug out after the game to meet with Matt Lawton and he was told to apologize to me. As well he gave me a signed ball that reads "Wear a rain coat next time i'm in town" . I was not pleased with the outcome of the incident and i requested to meet Kirby Puckett to my dissapointment i was unable to, but instead he/they mailed me the bat and the rest is history.

There is no reserve on the bat and with it comes the story. If the bat sells for more then $400 i'll throw in the newspaper articles and the Matt Lawton ball. Good luck with your bidding.

Here is a link to the item
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kirby-Puckett-Autographed-Bat-w-letter-of-Authenticity_W0QQitemZ8777861293QQcategoryZ27261QQ rdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

trsent
03-10-2006, 10:48 PM
When Matt Lawton said "raincoat" what did he really mean?