PDA

View Full Version : What kind of marker to sign a Champagne bottle?

TigerSteve
08-13-2008, 10:07 PM
I have a few champagne bottles from when the Tigers won the AL on 06. I would like to get them signed. Has anyone ever got one signed and what kind of marker did you use? I just tried a sharpie on a glass bottle but it wipes off, even after being on it awhile. I also tried a paint marker but there is not a lot of room to sign and the signature looks like it would just be blended together, it's too thick.

Any help is appreciated.
shortyx517@hotmail.com

orioles03
08-13-2008, 10:13 PM
when palmeiro got his 3000 hit in seattle he gave all the players and clubhouse staff a champange bottle signed he signed it in gold sharpie and yes it did rub off on my way home i just threw it in a plastic bag and when i got home some of the auto was starting to wear off

BIGSTIG
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
I have not had much luck either with this. I have a couple signed in sharpie, and I have just been REAL careful with them. And display in a case. Wish I could be more help.

larry bourget
08-13-2008, 11:00 PM
Try a white China Marker pencil.

LB

TigerSteve
08-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Well I went with a silver sharpie. Used a new one for both and asked them to write slow. They came out beautiful. Signed by Joel Zumaya and Placido Polanco.

tigerdale
08-15-2008, 06:37 AM
Those Look Awesome!!!! Great Job!!! Great Collectable!!!!