PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez GAME USED 2005 Glove (1st MVP-Yankees!!)

3arod13
08-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Real Deal?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140257133705&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:Watchlink:middle:us

trsent
08-11-2008, 09:56 PM
eBay removed the listing so they either didn't like the item or it needed more authentication to list.

joelsabi
08-11-2008, 11:51 PM
eBay removed the listing so they either didn't like the item or it needed more authentication to list.

what did you mean by ebay wanting authentication to list an item? when has this been ebay's policy?

joelsabi
08-12-2008, 12:36 AM
its been relisted

Their rules say I cannot give my "opinion"....

I must stay with just the facts.....

So, they took it upon themselves to end my auction early, tell me I must "edit out" my explanation, and RELIST IT.

joelsabi
08-12-2008, 12:38 AM
anyone notice what was not factual the first go around?

matt
08-12-2008, 02:15 PM
If you search Getty for "Alex Rodriguez 2005" you will get plenty of good pics of his glove. Looks to me like the game glove always has a white label and his warmup glove looks like a style match for what is offered here. Just my impression. No pics of any game used glove with red labelling like this.

Matt

bigtruck260
08-12-2008, 02:25 PM
If you search Getty for "Alex Rodriguez 2005" you will get plenty of good pics of his glove. Looks to me like the game glove always has a white label and his warmup glove looks like a style match for what is offered here. Just my impression. No pics of any game used glove with red labelling like this.

Matt

Matt -

There is a photo in the listing of Alex in what appears to be a home game, using a glove with a red label.

Lokee
08-12-2008, 04:58 PM
not that it matters but you cannot say you take paypal and then try and charge the buyer the paypal fees. Iam sure it will get cancelled again because of this among other things.

Jags Fan Dan
08-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Yep, it's gone again.

Jags Fan Dan
08-12-2008, 06:55 PM
My bad, it's there and the bidding is climbing!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Alex-Rodriguez-GAME-USED-2005-Glove-1st-MVP-Yankees_W0QQitemZ140257511184QQihZ004QQcategoryZ50 117QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

3arod13
08-13-2008, 03:55 AM
Auction ended twice by ebay. Here's sellers comments:

Q: Second time its bin relisted, what happen?Aug-12-08A: Ebay has ended my auction early TWICE....TWO DAYS IN A ROW! The first time, they said it was because I violated their "No Item VeRO rules" Essentially I stepped on the toes of the BIG auction houses explaining that any bidder who wins this auction will be saving BIG BUCKS because they won't have to pay 20-25% buyers premiums on the closing price. I named some of the major auctions houses names, and apparently one (or more) of them took offense, and reported my auction to ebay for removal based on this Verified Rights Owner Program..."VeRO". It's absolutely silly.....the bottom line is, my "truths" upset the big boys, so they requested ebay end my auction so I could edit out their names. The SECOND time they cancelled my auction, just tonight, was for even a MORE ABSURD reason... They called it "Circumvention of Ebay fees". In short, in the "Payment" section of my description close to the end of my listing, I simply stated that the winning bidder, IF THEY CHOSE to use Paypal, would have to pay their (Paypal's) additional fee, because the final price of this auction should be substantial, and I was listing this beautiful piece to pay down my debt....HENSE, RAISE SOME MONEY TO DO SO. I simply stated, to be fair to the bidders on my auction, that I was offering Paypal for the added security they offer but wasn't really wanting to use them ON THIS AUCTION ONLY because of their fee. I wasn't aware of this, but THAT TOO is apparently against ebay's rules, so......THEY SQUASHED MY AUCTION AGAIN!!! They told me to remove that portion, and to relist it. I am VERY VERY unhappy about this because it leaves the appearance I am doing something wrong, which of course I am not. There is a REASON I have 100% positive feedback, and am a Power Seller, but the way ebay has treated me, because of some minor rules that few know about (like ME!), you wouldn't know they care for their true honest sellers who try to disclose EVERYTHING. Let's hope the third time is the charm here. Thanks

joelsabi
08-13-2008, 09:46 AM
did anyone notice if he relisted this under another userid. i notice that he had sold a game used jersey with the same verbiage as the glove and was going to ask the forum why it was relisted. now i cannot locate the item on the ebay completed history.

joelsabi
08-13-2008, 10:53 AM
Thought I share his reply to my question.

Hi, won it from Mastro Auctions, and it only came with their invoice. It has no PSA/DNA or James Spence letter of authenticity because it has not been signed by Alex Rodriguez yet, so there is no reason for it to come with a COA because it would only be for the signature.....the glove is real. There is no question as to what it is, and Mastro Auctions stated it came from A-Rod marketing agent, directly from A-Rod. I was actually going to meet Alex at a signing and have him autograph and inscribe the glove for $499.00 last year in Florida, but I had to cancel my plans for work reasons. I don't know how much you know about baseball equipment, or game used memorabilia, but this glove can ONLY be made for Alex Rodriguez because of the sewn-in name on the thumb. Rawlings and other glove manufacturers will ONLY produce these professional model gloves for the players WHEN ORDERED by the players.....there is NO OTHER WAY to create these gloves, so you can rest assured it's 100% authentic. The name is sewn on the leather in the factory of the thumb piece BEFORE it is assembled in the factory, so it's impossible for the glove to be anything but authentic. Thanks for your question, Steve

FENWAY
08-19-2008, 08:50 PM
I remember seeing Arod using the Pro Preferred model in early spring training and then switching back to his HOH PRO-6HF soon after. Never used in a regular season game IMO.

kingjammy24
08-19-2008, 09:15 PM
Thought I share his reply to my question.
...I don't know how much you know about baseball equipment, or game used memorabilia, but this glove can ONLY be made for Alex Rodriguez because of the sewn-in name on the thumb. Rawlings and other glove manufacturers will ONLY produce these professional model gloves for the players WHEN ORDERED by the players.....there is NO OTHER WAY to create these gloves, so you can rest assured it's 100% authentic. The name is sewn on the leather in the factory of the thumb piece BEFORE it is assembled in the factory, so it's impossible for the glove to be anything but authentic. Thanks for your question, Steve

horsepucky. http://www.rawlingsgear.com/customized_details.asp
rawlings will make anyone any kind of glove they want and sew anything into it.

rudy.