intheminors
08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3529966

MRMusial
08-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I guess it was only a matter of time...

Neely8
08-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Awesome. The Reds deal another one of their stars for some scrubs. This guy Jocketty is doing a real bang up job.

skyking26
08-11-2008, 10:34 PM
I was going to start a similar thread. I've followed Dunn for years, and like Dave Kingman, feel he is underrated. You seldom here his name. The trade just garnered about 15 seconds on ESPN...

Reds have been looking to deal him for years. Were not winning with he or Griffey, so I guess it is safe to say the rebuilding stage has begun. Does anybody think Dunn will be in AZ in 2009, or is this a rent-a-player?? He should fair well in that park, great all around for Dunn. He's been slumping of late, so we'll hope the change of scenary will do him well. I'll be on the lookout for a Diamondbacks bat now!

whatupyos
08-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Bob,

How's it going buddy? There is a Dunn game used jersey on Ebay now with a team LOA and also a Sunday red one on MLB.com for you if you're interested....

Aaron

Neely8
08-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Reds have been looking to deal him for years. Were not winning with he or Griffey, so I guess it is safe to say the rebuilding stage has begun.

Rebuilding again?? Wasn't that their intention back in 05/06 when they traded Sean Casey, Austin Kearns, Felipe Lopez, Ryan Wagner, etc.? How many times are you going to clean house only to not get any results?

Vintagedeputy
08-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I am soooo happy that this trade is done.

I was afraid that the Nationals were trying for him.

skyking26
08-12-2008, 12:02 AM
Living outside Detroit, Cin. isn't really close to me. From the outside looking in it just appears they are rebuilding. Vintage, I am surprised you would not want him in WA, but I'd bet there are not too many AZ fans disappointed tonight as Dunn will bat 4th Tuesday evening in CO.

Vintagedeputy
08-12-2008, 12:24 AM
Living outside Detroit, Cin. isn't really close to me. From the outside looking in it just appears they are rebuilding. Vintage, I am surprised you would not want him in WA, but I'd bet there are not too many AZ fans disappointed tonight as Dunn will bat 4th Tuesday evening in CO.

His 32 HR's are inviting, but we have had our share of Washingtion Reds who failed miserably (Wily Mo Pena, Felipe Lopez, et al).

BMH
08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Wow two trades for the Reds out of the blue. We saw Griffey in Chicago the other day. He's still adjusting, like he told Chuck, "It's different not being the "Man" in the clubhouse." He literally didn't know about the trade until it was announced.

It will be interesting to see how he does in Arizona. For us, it's a good thing. We have a very loyal player in a clubhouse that wasn't one of best ones for product usage. So hopefully, he'll hit well and get us some converts. We made some adjustments on the branding of his bats because the thinness of the taper was causing the branding to go too deep. He was cracking the bats through the center brand. I'm hoping moving the CB up an inch will take care of the problem.

skyking26
08-13-2008, 05:18 PM
Wow two trades for the Reds out of the blue. We saw Griffey in Chicago the other day. He's still adjusting, like he told Chuck, "It's different not being the "Man" in the clubhouse." He literally didn't know about the trade until it was announced.

It will be interesting to see how he does in Arizona. For us, it's a good thing. We have a very loyal player in a clubhouse that wasn't one of best ones for product usage. So hopefully, he'll hit well and get us some converts. We made some adjustments on the branding of his bats because the thinness of the taper was causing the branding to go too deep. He was cracking the bats through the center brand. I'm hoping moving the CB up an inch will take care of the problem.
How long before Dunn starts getting Diamondback bats? I assume he is swinging left over inventory from the Reds? I'll need to pick up an uncracked Diamondbacks bat, as I am sure the possibility exists he won't be there next year...

He was on base 3 times in his first game. Hopefully he'll help lead them to the playoffs. He was not appreciated in Cin. It was all about Griffey.

BMH
08-13-2008, 10:18 PM
Don't know, we loaded him up pretty good. I had 24 of his bats in shipping to go up with us to Cinci next Friday. I shipped them all off to Arizona yesterday. Plus, he has four Beech bats and some other stuff he's testing for us. We might get something in by th end of the week if moving the CB didn't work.

skyking26
08-13-2008, 11:35 PM
Don't know, we loaded him up pretty good. I had 24 of his bats in shipping to go up with us to Cinci next Friday. I shipped them all off to Arizona yesterday. Plus, he has four Beech bats and some other stuff he's testing for us. We might get something in by th end of the week if moving the CB didn't work.
So it could be some time before he is using Diamondbacks bats?? ith 2 dozen bats marked Reds I'd imagine that will take some time to break and run thru...

redoctober
08-16-2008, 01:31 AM

BMH -- I have a few questions about the Beech bats.

-- Have any beech bats been used in actual MLB games?
-- I have an Adam Dunn bat which I obtained directly from the Reds a few years back. It is model B345. Has the sticker center branded with "B9" designation...

redoctober
08-16-2008, 01:34 AM

-- I have an Adam Dunn bat which I obtained directly from the Reds a few years back. It is model B345. Has the sticker center branded with "B9" designation...
-- did Adam ever use this in games (my guess and photo match attempts say no - I have assumed this as a BP bat)
-- how many of these beech bats were produced for Adam during this time frame

Also, out of curiosity, what are the nuances with the beech bats? I notice that the Dunn bat that I have is cracked in a manner that is unlike any ash or maple bat that I have seen.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

skyking26
08-16-2008, 01:18 PM

-- did Adam ever use this in games (my guess and photo match attempts say no - I have assumed this as a BP bat)
-- how many of these beech bats were produced for Adam during this time frame

Also, out of curiosity, what are the nuances with the beech bats? I notice that the Dunn bat that I have is cracked in a manner that is unlike any ash or maple bat that I have seen.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!
Redoctober: I have a B345 too. As far as I know they were used in game action. Mine is beat to a pulp but uncracked. Lotsa tar and tape as well. Pretty sure mine is maple.

redoctober
08-17-2008, 12:38 AM
The B345 model was frequently used in games. However, I am not certain about the beech bats. Cannot find any photo evidence with the "B9" where the M normally is on maple bats.

BMH
08-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Here's a pic from the article of him breaking one.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-nlgame12-2008aug12,0,1064485.story

redoctober
08-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Great - thanks!

Any idea how many of the beech bats that he uses vs maple??

BMH
08-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Well, we've only made him four Beech bats this year and it was three weeks ago. I don't think he's using them too much after that one broke.