PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Rudy Arias Cal Ripken Jr Jersey?

suave1477
03-10-2006, 11:30 AM
I tell you with all the Cal Ripken Jr jerseys that have been coming out of the wood works. My head is spinning!!!

I thought this is a refreshing approach.

I am not saying this jersey is fake or not.

I am just curious what the other members thought about this jersey?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8776186906&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3APIC&rd=1

BULBUS
03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
i think it a nice jersey for an orioles fan. the price may be a little high.

suave1477
03-10-2006, 11:51 AM
Bubus price high maybe yes maybe no / the reason why i am saying that is look at all the variables, to a collector and especially to an orioles fan.

1) Game Used Jersey
2) Significant patching on the jersey
3) Autographed by that player of the jersey
4) Autographed by Cal Ripken Jr.

I would say $600 is reasonable to slightly high to a collector / to an Orioles fan I would think it's a pretty good deal.

BULBUS
03-10-2006, 11:58 AM
it also has rock solid provonence. i suppose it is a reasonable price. being a yankees fan, i would pay that much for a similar yankees jersey.

bigtime59
03-10-2006, 08:50 PM
These jerseys, from the 10th Anniversary of 2131, were auctioned on mlb.com the following week. There's an old thread about them kicking around somewhere. Rudy Arias is one of the Orioles batting practice pitchers, and has been around for years.
At twice what I paid for my Tim Byrdak jersey from that series (yeah, you've never heard of him, but he pitched in one of those games!), I think it's laughably high, but I paid twice what I thought the Byrdak was worth...typical of the mlb.com auctions, where stuff goes for prices I find crazy.
But then, I'm too poor for this hobby anyway. Anybody wanna take my collection off my hands?

suave1477
03-11-2006, 01:02 AM
bigtime well what i think upgrades the value is the cal ripken auto - look at it like this if you were going to a show to get his autograph from a show his autograph would cost you roughly $250 - $300 on a jersey - so with that being said on an actual game used jersey with significant patches plus an extra autograph to go with it its fairly decent.

Now let me ask you this what if you added more autographs to the jersey that were from different orioles of different years do you think that would boost up the value or take away from it?

mr.miracle
04-26-2006, 05:28 PM
To expand on this topic a similar 2131 10th anniversary jersey is available from a local area dealer in the Baltimore area. It is a B.J. Surhoff jersey same deal game worn although Surhoff did not see action in the 9/6/05 game he did have several plate appearances in the 9/5/05 and the 9/7/05 games. Anyway, the dealer is looking for $725.00 for the jersey. I have attached the description and pics below. Anybody have any opinions on this price for a much better game player in Surhoff than Rudy Arias? Is this price too high or fair? Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks
Brett

NEW GAME USED ITEMS...
For all other Game Used items, click the Category up top or this link... (http://www.allstarsplus.com/gameusedvintage.asp)
WHAT WE GOT
BALTIMORE ORIOLES

B.J. Surhoff Autographed Game Used Orioles Jersey including Cal Ripken, Jr. 2131 10th Anniversary Patch and Cal Ripken, Jr.'s Autograph. This is a 2131 10th Anniversary Commemorative Majestic GAME USED Jersey signed on the front by current Oriole, B.J. Surhoff who was Cal's teammate from 1996 to 1999 and played in the All Star game with Cal in 1999. On the sleeve just below the 2131 patch, this jersey is autographed by future Hall of Famer, Cal Ripken, Jr. The Baltimore Orioles celebrated Cal's 2131 10th Anniversary by wearing a commemorative patch on their jerseys during the September 5th, 6th and 7th series with the Toronto Blue Jays. Each player personally signed the jersey, with a Deloitte and Touche representative present, after the September 7th game. Cal also personally signed the jersey, with a Deloitte and Touche representative present, to make these game worn jerseys a once in a lifetime collectible! $725

http://netmail.verizon.net/webmail/servlet/HttpNimletDriver?nimlet=DownloadAttachmentNimlet&fileName=surhoff_Ripken10YearAnniv.jpg&folderName=INBOX&messageID=151&partIndex=0.1&disposition=inline