PDA

View Full Version : Greg Luzinski

LuzinskiFan
08-10-2008, 12:59 AM
I am a new collector on this forum in the hunt for a few gamers of the great Greg Luzinski looking for bats, cleats, helmets, jerseys just about anything to start off my collection.

My email is luzinskifan@yahoo.com

skyking26
08-11-2008, 01:15 AM
I enjoyed watching Greg play in his heyday. You have anything from his career? You ever meet him - what is he like??

RK

LuzinskiFan
08-11-2008, 02:34 AM
Lol I never met him before, and no I don't have anything of his game used but I hope to load up on a few things. I still watch clips of luzinski to this day here is a clip from the 1983 season if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbjgR76hyk

skyking26
08-11-2008, 11:53 AM
Lol I never met him before, and no I don't have anything of his game used but I hope to load up on a few things. I still watch clips of luzinski to this day here is a clip from the 1983 season if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnbjgR76hyk
Great jersey, great video. Contact Rob Steinmetz at authenticgamers@aol.com and ask him to keep an eye out over time for a jersey. Email Zane Burns and do same with bats. Although I have not been looking for them, I'm sure bats especially surface. He played the same era as Kingman and his stuff pops up now and again.

Drop a line anytime, skyking442@hotmail.com. I remember sending Greg cards post career for auto's years back. Always got them back signed. He was a gym teacher at a school or something after his ball career was over as memory serves. I have never met him personally though. Big guy...

Bob

Kid4hof03
08-11-2008, 12:06 PM
I've met Greg several times over the years. In fact, I got a poster signed for you some years ago Bob. He's always been friendly when I've met him, he's around at shows and Phillies events alot.

His game used bats are plentiful in the area, uniforms not so much and they have become quite pricey. I used to have a 1973 home but sold it when buying a house. I've got a pretty decent collection of non-game used stuff (cards, oddballs, etc) that I'll probably be throwing on ebay in the next few months as I thin things out.

Feel free to drop an e-mail anytime, kulynychfamily@verizon.net

Abe

Kid4hof03
08-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Here's a bat, not sure if it is still available but might be worth an e-mail. I've gotten a ton of bats from Ed over the years, always a fun guy to deal with.

Abe

http://www.eddolan.com/luzinski.htm

skyking26
08-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Abe, m'man. How could I forget that poster! It is hanging in my room!

I hope this bat is still available for this collector, what a beauty...

Kid4hof03
08-11-2008, 03:44 PM
Bob,
No problem! I loved that poster, ended up finding a copy of the magazine myself, just because of that piece.

Here's another Luzinski I came accross today.

https://www.digitalfm.com/besportscollectibles.com/productDetail.cfm?ID=753&c=18

Abe

skyking26
08-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Monday is a boon for this guy. He has not a Luzinski in his collection and you have found 2!! Surely one at least is available. Abe, even though this guy won't respond and you and I are doing all the posting for him, let me thank you for this research. I am all geeked up, even though this has nothing to do with me. I need to get a life I guess.....:eek:

LuzinskiFan
08-11-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm in negotiation with a few sellers as we speak for a bat and a pair of cleats sorry for not responding I've been busy.

skyking26
08-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Shoot us some pics when ya get them...

rose14
08-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I just recently had a beautiful Luzinski 1976 Bicentenial game used bat.

skyking26
08-11-2008, 11:48 PM
How much did it sell for Rose?

Kid4hof03
08-12-2008, 12:17 AM
Bob, I think you should start a Luzinski collection. He's fun to collect and right up your alley, big slugger. He wasn't as prolific a HR hitter as your other guys but he was a better hitter all around. Think about it . . .

Abe

skyking26
08-12-2008, 06:14 AM
We need to catch up via email or phone. You would not believe what has been happening since last November...

Yea, I think I have been pretty geeked about this collector's thread. You'd think it was mine!

rose14
08-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Sky, it sold for $270. I was disappointed as I thought sure it would bring at least $350-$400. I actually lost money on the bat but the winner got a really nice bat. You win some and you lose some.

skyking26
08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
Too bad this Luz' collector did not know about it. Looks like he has choices though...