PDA

View Full Version : Jeter GU Bat labeling

jetersbatboy
08-07-2008, 02:45 AM
I was wondering about the smudging on the labeling. Did Louisville slugger used printed on labels at one point, or was this just used on this type of select maple bat? Also does anyone know about "Air Dry" labeling on some of Jeters bats. 1st link is the smudge 2nd link is the "Air Dry"
Both bats are legit just wondering about the labeling.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STEINER-DEREK-JETER-GAME-USED-LOUISVILLE-SLUGGER-BAT_W0QQitemZ180273014070QQihZ008QQcategoryZ60596Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://charlotte.craigslist.org/clt/763670179.html

BMH
08-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Pad printing is something we dabbled with for a while and decided we didn't like the look of it and neither did a lot of the players. Making new films every time a player changed bat models proved to be a pain.

As for Air-dryed, it's a process of drying the wood. Most feel it's the best way to season wood, the draw back being it takes a year to dry. We had a lot of the wood and offered it to some players. Jeter was one of them and we labeled his bats accordingly. He ordered it all through 2002, when we ran out of the air-dryed timber we continued to put "Air-Dryed" on his bats because he liked the label. I'm not sure when we stopped.

jetersbatboy
08-26-2008, 11:35 AM
Brain, Thanks for the clarification on the the labeling. It is very appreciated.
Best Scott

BernBabyBern
08-27-2008, 01:37 PM
Hi Brian,
Just a question on Jeter bats. Can you tell me how many were ordered for him in 2006? Approx how many bats are ordered for him per year? I have a game used bat from 2006 and was curiuos to know.

Thanks in advance.
MAP
Pablo

metsbats
08-28-2008, 05:02 PM
Now that this Jeter thread has Brian's attention I'd like to ask about this error bat too.

The seller I obtained this bat from stated it was picked up from the reject bin at Louisville slugger.

Brian any idea how many of these were made and if they ever got out to Jeter?

Thanks
-David

BMH
08-28-2008, 08:06 PM
Ah, nice to see our minor leaguer's are selling the bats they purchase from us...

metsbats
08-28-2008, 09:54 PM
Ah, nice to see our minor leaguer's are selling the bats they purchase from us...

LOL

It could be worse. They could be using them and then selling as game used:D

David

BMH
08-29-2008, 11:32 AM
I've seen them do that before too, it's why we usually destroy the name on bats before putting them into the BPAS rack. I guess I'll write up a few of my guys for not doing their jobs.

metsbats
08-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I've seen them do that before too, it's why we usually destroy the name on bats before putting them into the BPAS rack. I guess I'll write up a few of my guys for not doing their jobs.

Oops didn't mean to get anyone in trouble. I got a real nice conversation piece out of it and it's found a good home. Please don't be so hard on them.;)

David