PDA

View Full Version : MLB Game Used Baseballs---How Used?

EurekaDave
08-06-2008, 11:27 PM
I've bought a couple of MLB authenticated baseballs. How are they used in a game. Were they fished out of the BP barrel or found under a bench---or what? Anybody know?

kylehess10
08-06-2008, 11:42 PM
I've always wondered the SAME exact thing. I don't buy MLB Authenticated baseballs because I'm always scared they were just taken from a bucket of balls from previous games and/or BP

bubbrubb25
08-07-2008, 12:49 AM
After a Phillies game this year I watched a mlb authenticator go into the away dugout and grab a few balls it looked like out of one of those bags the bat boy drops them in when a player fouls one back to the screne ect. and he took them with him. I guess thats all there is to it, but I imagine when you buy them the ball could possibly have been used in 2 games.

brianborsch
08-07-2008, 01:14 AM
I know in some situations they manage to get actual hit balls as evidenced by my game used ball from the futures game that Cardenas hit for a single. It has the grass stains that go along with how the ball was hit and where it landed.

Also, the Jay Bruce triple ball from the game showed exact characteristics from careening off the wall and skidding in the dirt of the warning track. Both balls came with impeccable detail of who pitched, who hit, what inning and what kind of hit it was. Those are the best you can get.