PDA

View Full Version : Need help with ebay please

bubbrubb25
08-05-2008, 04:39 PM
Sold a guy on ebay my arod rookie card for $127 he is from Taiwan, he never made payment on the card and I looked at his profile now and it says he no longer a registered user. This never happened to me before so what should I do?

godwulf
08-05-2008, 04:51 PM
As I recall, it's pretty easy to get eBay to reverse your listing and final value fees. If you can't find the link to click on to start that process, just email Customer Service and they can point you in the right direction.

otismalibu
08-05-2008, 04:54 PM
If he's NARU, you should be able to file for your fee credit right away...I'm guessing. With non-paying bidders, I think there was a certain time the seller had to wait before filing.

You can try Report An Unpaid Item and see what steps it prompts you to take.

http://pages.ebay.com/sellercentral/activities.html

trsent
08-05-2008, 09:09 PM
Sold a guy on ebay my arod rookie card for $127 he is from Taiwan, he never made payment on the card and I looked at his profile now and it says he no longer a registered user. This never happened to me before so what should I do?

Yes, it is really simple. Just log into eBay, go to your auction page and click : If you have not received payment for this item, report an unpaid item (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CreateDispute&LineId=Transactions.250274005747_0).

Tell eBay that you have not received payment, that "The buyer has not responded", and if the buyer is already suspended you will receive immediate credit and just relist the item. If the buyer is not suspended, you will have to wait eight days to receive credit which you manually have to go to your Dispute Console to state that you are tired of waiting.

It is all a very easy process.

bigtime59
08-06-2008, 07:29 AM
After going through the unpaid item process, you could also make a second chance offer to the next bidder down the line, to see if he was still interested.

Mark
bigtime39@aol.com

bubbrubb25
08-06-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the input guys its really helpful.

bubbrubb25
08-06-2008, 08:10 PM
It said I got a Final Value Fee credit what is that?

otismalibu
08-06-2008, 08:17 PM
It said I got a Final Value Fee credit what is that?

That's eBay take from your final sale price - they refunded that.

You may still be out the listing fee...not sure if they refund that.

trsent
08-06-2008, 08:40 PM
That's eBay take from your final sale price - they refunded that.

You may still be out the listing fee...not sure if they refund that.

They don't refund listing fees unless under certain circumstances, which this sale will not qualify.

bubbrubb25
08-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys.

bubbrubb25
08-20-2008, 06:44 PM
Listed it again and the buyer this time did the same thing! didnt pay and deleted his account, just my luck :mad:

Tedw9
08-20-2008, 07:24 PM
If you decide to list it again, you can list it so only bidders who have a Paypal account can bid. And you can have the listing so that they not only have to have a Paypal account, but have to PAY for it using Paypal before the auction will end.

Just my 2 cents. :)

markize
08-20-2008, 07:37 PM
Listed it again and the buyer this time did the same thing! didnt pay and deleted his account, just my luck :mad:

just curious, but was the second highest bidder the same both times? it could be a case of bid shielding. someone uses a dummy account to win an auction, and when they don't pay you make a second chance offer for less, and the same person wins.

also, i think if you hit the "relist" button option the listing fees are free.....not 100% on that though.

mark

trsent
08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
just curious, but was the second highest bidder the same both times? it could be a case of bid shielding. someone uses a dummy account to win an auction, and when they don't pay you make a second chance offer for less, and the same person wins.

also, i think if you hit the "relist" button option the listing fees are free.....not 100% on that though.

mark

Mark, the listing fees are only "free" when you relist an item that didn't get bid on the previous time and the item sells the next time. You have to relist an item with no bids and then it must sell for this to work. If the item doesn't sell again you have to pay your insertion fee.

If a high bidder doesn't pay, you can file for a final value fee refund, but your listing fees are not refunded.

bubbrubb25
08-21-2008, 12:11 AM
And the worst part of all is im in need of money, hopefully someone buys something from me in the classifieds.