PDA

View Full Version : Ever notice how much you really collect in just one year?

kylehess10
08-03-2008, 10:00 PM
Any of you guys have before/after photos of your display rooms? I had a good laugh when I was browsing through old pictures of my room from just ONE YEAR AGO. Check out the difference:

1 YEAR AGO:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/S3011187.jpg

NOW:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/DSC00284.jpg

1 YEAR AGO:

http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l178/kylehess10/S3011186.jpg

NOW:

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/kylehess1025/DSC00282.jpg

metsbats
08-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Kyle,

I recall you had all your collection in your room at one point and now you worked your way down to the basement. A true sign your collection is really beginning to grow!

Nice job!

-David

Vintagedeputy
08-03-2008, 10:14 PM
You've been busy!

cigarman44
08-03-2008, 10:15 PM
True...

I just STARTED collecting one year ago. In that time I managed to obtain a bat of every Cardinal position player from 2004-2008 with atleast 150 AB's (around 30 total) then completely change my collection to just Ankiel items (14 pieces and counting) My collection and displaying changes daily depending on what comes in the mail :D

Just wish I had the space Kyle has...main reason I switched my focus. 5 more bats I'd been decorating the hall or my master bathroom

BergerKing22784
08-03-2008, 10:25 PM
Haha , it is crazy I do agree! I do not have any recent before and afters but my collection itself has grown a lot in the past year thanks well mostly to this site. I know we have had a lot of bickering going on in this site and I do agree some of its justified and others isnt but yeah I am glad Kyle posted this we get to see a post back on the reason why we are here.

I am still new to game used collecting I've had a few bats here in there but in the past year or so I moved my focus onto game used collecting because well everyone jumped into autograph collecting everyone had an autographed card or photo of so and so, so I decided to jump into the more rare game used collecting and I must say I am glad I did. I have seen my collection grow like crazy this past year and now I just recently bought a garmet rack to put my game used jerseys on cause i ran outta space hahahaha. Also my bat rack is filled and now I just have a pile of bats accumulating in the corner haha....

My collection started off in my room, than I took over the guest bedroom, and my collection than spilled onto the walls from the guest bedroom back to my room. My sister got married and recently bought a house I am half tempted to take over her room also but my parents said no haha. I need a good paying job so I can buy a house!

metsbats
08-03-2008, 10:27 PM
Kyle,

If you ever need to free up wall space between the Harris and Lopez jersey you know where to reach me;)

-David

geoff
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
My collection has grown also within the past Year.I bought a Condo and have a Locker from Ikea to display my Game Used Items.I already filled the locker up from top to bottom and have most of my Game Used Bats in Tubes in a Corner of my BedRoom.I do have a few Bat Cases up with my top Game Used Bats.All my other Game Used that I can't display are in my Bedroom closet in Boxes til I figure out how to display all the items I do have.When I was living at home I had a Display Case that I would display almost everything I have.But now I own more and can't do that.But at least I have my own place and not living with the Parents anymore.

Dewey2007
12-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Way more then I thought. December 18th will mark one calendar year since I bought my first game used pieces (J.R. Rider & Junior Tautalatasi game used jerseys) and caught the game used bug. At times its been frustrating and disappointing but overall it's been a fun and enjoyable hobby. This is what I have been able to collect in that time:

44 bats
14 football jerseys
8 baseball jerseys
1 basketball jersey
1 baseball hat
1 hockey stick

Thanks to everyone for the mostly enjoyable posts over the past year and for helping out a rookie collector either directly or indirectly. Looking forward to the next year.

Happy Holidays & Collecting to everyone!

mariner_gamers
12-15-2008, 08:06 PM
When I first saw this thread I thought I was going to have to go back and repost everything I have posted on the monthly additions threads...whew!

What a year! I have met some really great folks on here and enjoyed reading the info as well as some of the heated banter.

This year has been the best year for me since about 1997 when I really got into collecting gamers and bats were dirt cheap. I have added about 100 game used Mariners bats this year including the elusive Omar Vizquel bat. 13 Buhners, a Kenji, 3 Gar's an Arod yada, yada. I had to tear out the closet in my bat room to get them all on the walls and as of this email I am out of space. Anyone mounted bats on the ceiling yet????

Thanks again to everyone who helped me out this year! Tim, Jeremy, Ben, Brent, Ty, Jody, Howard and Scott.

Davis

dcgreg25
12-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Great pics Kyle. It is great to be able to see what you have added to your collection. This year was certainly an active one for me with my favorite additions being:

-two Grady Sizemore jerseys including his Jackie Robinson Day Jersey (MLB Auctions) and a TBTC to the early 90's complete uniform (pants, jersey, hat, batting helmet) from MLB auctions

-Tom Zbikowski GU Notre Dame jersey

-about a dozen GU Buffalo Bisons jerseys (V. Martinez, C. Lee, A. Miller, T. Hafner, etc.)

-a couple new Sabathia jerseys including an All Star warm up.

Its been a good year and I expect to see a lot of great items coming up in '09. I am going to try and spend some time around the end of the year cataloging my collection with pics, etc.