PDA

View Full Version : FBI and GUU

Eric
08-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Chris Cavalier is again working hard over at the National so I'll post this interesting story on his behalf.

On Friday an FBI agent introduced himself and said some very complimentary things about this forum and its members. The agent said he reads the forum every day.

You should all be very proud. You have created a valuable resource which has already made the game used hobby better (and who knows, might perhaps get rid of some of the people who are doing illegal things to drag it down).

After this weekend's headlines from the national, are we looking at Operation Foul Ball II?

DrJ
08-03-2008, 07:31 PM
Much of the thanks goes to you Eric - "This forum was originally created by Eric Stangel as a way to bring game used collectors together and help hobbyists educate each other." I know I've learned alot from this forum and any cleanup in the hobby can only help. Believe it or not, when I started collecting game-used about 13 years ago I probably purchased 85% of my items sight unseen. If a picture was included it was usually a tiny B&W picture. I don't believe most collectors would even think of buying items sight unseen anymore. I guess the difference over the years in my opinion is that for many it was a hobby back then, today many view it as a business and investment opportunity and when you add money to the equation you add the potential for deceit. I'll wrap up by saying "thanks" to everyone who contributes their knowledge to this forum.